• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shellbacks check in!!

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Thanks everybody. Ever since I joined WS and I saw this page I wanted it that much more. Now that I have it I couldnt be happier...maybe to have my ESWS but that will come soon :D.

Congrats Burnie. Stay safe and get back home safe and sound.

Thanks everybody. Ever since I joined WS and I saw this page I wanted it that much more. Now that I have it I couldnt be happier...maybe to have my ESWS but that will come soon :D.

Yeah Burnie get that one too. You'll be kicking yourself in the butt if you complete the deployment without it. Stay safe and return w/ 10 fingers and 10 toes (unless you left with less then that would be just unexplainable)

Screamin03

Well, I was not looking forward to the Shellback ceremony while I was on the 15th MEU on the USS Peleliu but it turned out to be a good time. It was definitely more than 2 hours though. I felt bad for the senior Marines going through it lol!

Mrs V.I. Massive

V.I. Massive said:
Yeah Burnie get that one too. You'll be kicking yourself in the butt if you complete the deployment without it. Stay safe and return w/ 10 fingers and 10 toes (unless you left with less then that would be just unexplainable)

Lmao... u r so crazy!!!

seahawksax

Shellback since 2007 here!! earned the title in the indian ocean onboard the USS Bataan. was only onboard 48hrs.. what a lowley SN WOG i was haha.

SN95cobra04

Golden Shellback X's 2 (2001, 2003) onboard USS Boxer LHD-4 and normal Shellback X's 2 (2004, 2011) USS Boxer and currently USS Dewey DDG-105

Fresh Cobra

Staff member
Donator
Board Member
sHELLBACK SINCE 1987 ON BOARD USS WM H. STANDLEY CG-32...WHAT A FUN DAY...LOL

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Marine Shellback! any of you old men serve on the USS dubuque? I did the sunset cruise in 2010

Didn't serve on her, but been on a few deployment with her back in the 80's. I have a friend who was the Operation Officer on her in the late 90's.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Didn't serve on her, but been on a few deployment with her back in the 80's. I have a friend who was the Operation Officer on her in the late 90's.

Yea that ship was a dinosaur by the time we went. But she seemed to work fine, we never went dead in the water or anything crazy. Never had to get towed or make a stop just for repairs. Good times

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Yea that ship was a dinosaur by the time we went. But she seemed to work fine, we never went dead in the water or anything crazy. Never had to get towed or make a stop just for repairs. Good times

Yea, that ship been around since the 1960's.