• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Snapped a clutch cable in 1996 Cobra

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Got a call from the son at 11pm and he was stuck at the 805 and El Cajon BLVD on a side street with a broken clutch cable. Kim, at Southland Clutch, sold me a heavy duty STEEDA cable at an "AWESOME" price and it's back on the road.

The clutch cable had been binding for weeks, but now it's smoothe as butter. I'm tightening up the seats tonight and he's happy to be driving once again!!!

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
The quadrant is hooked back up, the T-56 is rolling through the gears and the new clutch cable is smoothe as silk:

Cobra004.jpg
Cobra002.jpg
Cobra001.jpg

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
i had steeda in there broke it then put the MM one. now back to steeda lol

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
i had steeda in there broke it then put the MM one. now back to steeda lol
He snapped the input shaft to the T-56 last month. Already pulled and replace. I also put a 180 deg thermostat and reset the fans this week to cool it down a little. Car is running well once again.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
anything major go wrong? has he added anything? i miss it a lot. That was the upgraded shaft too lol is he racing it at all?

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
anything major go wrong? has he added anything? i miss it a lot. That was the upgraded shaft too lol is he racing it at all?
The last upgrade was the rear seat delete. He takes the car to Palomar Mtn often and runs with the local crowd.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
well very happy to hear she is still up and running very well. havent been in a car to handle that well except dads m3

tim burdette

woo im goin fast..oh shit im in the air...not good
my clutch cable is doing the same thing i know this is a really old post but i was wondering about how long you think i have before it goes lol