• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sniper Tuning

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
just wondering how the sniper tuning stuff is. i got a friend thats interested in getting tuned, and has an SCT tuner, but the shop he wants to go to deals with sniper. any input??

TEXSSP91

jaydoubleyou has it .. and its been nothing but a PAIN to use on his computer adn my computer and just about every computer that we have tried it on ...its works yes but there are some things that you can use cuz of missing programs in windows ... and he has talked to them alot ... and they tried to fix but maby he will chime in on the situation ... but .. i dont knwo if he ever got it fixed ...

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
jaydoubleyou has it .. and its been nothing but a PAIN to use on his computer adn my computer and just about every computer that we have tried it on ...its works yes but there are some things that you can use cuz of missing programs in windows ... and he has talked to them alot ... and they tried to fix but maby he will chime in on the situation ... but .. i dont knwo if he ever got it fixed ...

If you need help installing in on a computer, I can do it..

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE

Mach1Marauder

02 bolt on GT

As long as it's not an auto, it should be fine to use.
With that slowass computer and if it's in a fairly high HP car with an auto, Sniper is not the program to use. You need all parameters, like with SCT, to tune that combo with THAT stupid computer.

spdpilot

I have been seriously looking into this. Since I have a Dynojet that I can use anytime, I was thinking this may be the way to go. I have used SCT in the past, but have never owned the software, so I never had time to "play" with it. Thus, I take my computer controlled cars it to people who always have their own idea of what is right or wrong. I just think it is the next step for me or something like it.

There seems to be a very active group of enthusiasts focused on this software. They seem to really do well with it.

I think there are going to any number of people who could not make this software work for them. They just don't understand tuning and it can get very complex.

spdpilot

As long as it's not an auto, it should be fine to use.
With that slowass computer and if it's in a fairly high HP car with an auto, Sniper is not the program to use. You need all parameters, like with SCT, to tune that combo with THAT stupid computer.

What about the 03-04 Mach 1 "Auto" computers? Are they the same way?

Mach1Marauder

What about the 03-04 Mach 1 "Auto" computers? Are they the same way?

No.....They are MUCH better. There is still a limitation.
We have a daily driven TT GT with a 4V swap with a 4R70W and a Mach1 computer and it runs fine..........795RWHP on E85 on low boost