• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

so I got this cold air filter from american muscle.com... and well...

alan dotson

I got a cold air filter that I could afford and it seems to be missing a part. This is my first cold air filter I had to put together piece by piece and was not pre assembled. It seems to need something that is not included in the package. I admit I am still learning how to modify a car.

Attachments

• 14002 - Copy.jpg
    14002 - Copy.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 107
  • 14002.jpg
    14002.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 115

tom

It's a mass airflow sensor (M A F) What brand is it ? You might need to have your car tuned with the new cold air kit .

tom

Go to there web site and look and see if it needs to be tuned or if it is just bolt on and go.

tom

THAT IS THE MAF HOUSING SOME TIMES WHEN THEY ARE LARGER THEY NEED TO BE TUNED.

alan dotson

man I thought I lucked out by getting a good deal says you dont have to tune it but better to eventually going to oriely's or autozone to see if i can get a cheap maf housing. lol you have have been 10 times more hopeful than the people on american muscle.com

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I got a cold air filter that I could afford and it seems to be missing a part. This is my first cold air filter I had to put together piece by piece and was not pre assembled. It seems to need something that is not included in the package. I admit I am still learning how to modify a car.

You are to use your existing one that is located on your car or hidden in your stock air filter box.

meter.JPG