• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Some days ya just need to trust your skills and instincts!

Mach1Marauder

And not worry!
I have a customer that we sponsor. He's got a nitrous huffin' nasty smallblock fox. Installed the new engine and dynoed it this week and it made 800+++ RWHP on the dyno with slicks thru a glide with a 200++ shot.
I scaled the car yesterday and made all the tweaks to the suspension and shocks. I took in consideration that he wouldn't put a progressive nitrous controller like I wanted. In the back of my mind was that if he whacked the unit off the line, it may stand up on the bumper.
We went to SpeedWOrld for some TnT tonight.
He took two N/A hits and it looked lazy as hell off the line and ran an ok times of 10.88 and then 10.68 after adding a bit of timing.. It went straight as an arrow, so it helped calm my fears a little bit.
After pulling the timing back out for the bottle and let it cool off a bit, we came back to the line for a bottle hit. He wanted to hit it well after the launch to see how it was gonna react. I really don't like doing that on a car at the level with a bigs shot, but he's the owner. It hit hard and went straight as an arrow and no spin.
He felt confident enough to hit it as the trans-brake dropped. Well........ he launched on the bottle, the car stuck, the front wheels came off the ground about 8-9 inches( a hair higher than I wanted) and rode out WELL past the 60ft mark, settled back down very nicely. He clicked second gear and got off the unit a split second later and basically coasted thru the 1/4 traps.
It ran 9.70@104mph with a 1.32 60ft on the back tires. It ran 5.70@124 to the 1/8th, so he was out of it just before the 1/8th.
Since he doesn't have his license yet, the track manager cut his night short, but he was cool and brought him all the paperwork for his license to our pits.:rock:
I was happy as hell and so was the owner.........so it was a good night!:rock:

northerncountry

Thats bitchn congrats Mach1 I am sure it is gratifieing to all your work come together and he got out of it around the 1/8th man that is sweet. So what class is he going to be running in?

Mach1Marauder

Thats bitchn congrats Mach1 I am sure it is gratifieing to all your work come together and he got out of it around the 1/8th man that is sweet. So what class is he going to be running in?
Thanks!
I was pretty stoked since I've mainly set up turbo cars for the last few years.
He really doesn't know. He mainly built it as a grudge car. He's made mention about wanting to bring the car when we all go to PSCA, but I haven't looked to see what class he would fit in and be competitive.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Damn mn sounds like a great night. I was waiting for the Kaboom as they say on marvin, and bugs bunny lol.