• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Steering Wheel Shake

98Stang

So after installing the new 19" wheels i have terrible wheel shake above 45mph. I took of the wheels and had them balanced. I checked lug nuts and everything is tight. Any ideas?

When i put the stocks back on problem goes away.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
might need your rotors turned... Take it back and have them re-balance the wheels. If it still shakes, have them re-set the tire on the wheel. If it still shakes, then maybe your tires are out of round

98Stang

might need your rotors turned... Take it back and have them re-balance the wheels. If it still shakes, have them re-set the tire on the wheel. If it still shakes, then maybe your tires are out of round
i hope not the rotors! i have slotted rotors so not like i can turn them. I think i figured it out! well maybe... the front two tires are 235/35/19 but the back i have one 265/30/19 and one 265/35/19. is that it??

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I don't think it would be the rotors since there is no problem with the stock wheels. Are the tires directional, and on right?

98Stang

3 of the 4 are directional and installed correctly. however i just noticed my back two tires are different sizes, one being 265/35 and the other 265/30

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
It is a good possibility cause you said when your stock tires are on its fine.

northerncountry

Well It could be the issue with the rear limited slip but your saying your feeling it on the steering wheel right. so what I would do would be to put your stock tires on the rear and do the process of elimination. Good luck.!

98Stang

Steering wheel shake has been eliminated!! It ended up being that with the adapters the new rims were hitting the lug nuts and just grinded down very little from the back of the rims and now they fit excellent!