• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

This Just In: Whitney at Ford joins our Forums...

J

Just In

Welcome Whitney at Ford!
Wicked Stangs Mustang Club is a very diverse place. There is a lot to do here - the trick is just knowing where to look.
First, introduce yourself. We're a friendly bunch and we welcome newcomers to Wicked Stangs Mustang Forum.
If you have a problem figuring out how to use a forum feature, check out the New Members section of the forum. Your question may already be answered.
We are all Ford Mustang lovers. As such, we all about conversation.
So, if you are trapped in a cubicle at work or if you are a stay at home mom or dad looking for something to do while the kids nap or you are just looking for some company and some fun, this is the place for you.
Again, Welcome to Wicked Stangs Mustang Forum and Club.

W

wickedstangs

Whitney @ FORD Welcome to Wicked Stangs Mustang Club hope you enjoy your stay.

And Thank You

Also, just as you emailed Ford, posted on your local forums and spread the word about this issue when it first arose, PLEASE follow-up with a 'thank you' email to Ford, and PLEASE post a link to this new thread on ALL the forums who have been discussing this issue. I appreciate Ford, and want to be sure we get the positive word out now that this is resolved.

Special thank you to Whitney, who has joined our forums and sent the following message:

My name is Whitney Drake and I work in Ford Communications.
We've been watching this discussion with interest and I'd like to
clarify what is essentially a misunderstanding.

Yesterday we spoke to both Cafe Press and the Black Mustang Club
and explained the situation (about the Black Mustang Club’s calendar) to everyone's satisfaction. Ford has no problem with Mustang or other car owners taking pictures of their vehicles for use in club materials like calendars. What we do have an issue with are individuals using Ford’s logo and other trademarks for products they intend to sell. Understandably, we have to take the protection of our brands and licensing very seriously.

Ford did not send the Black Mustang Club a “cease and desist” letter telling them that they could not use images of their own cars in their calendar. The decision not to allow the calendars to be printed was made by Cafe Press, because we had gotten in touch with them in the past about trademark infringements on products they sold.

The Black Mustang Club, and any other Ford enthusiast club, are free to take pictures of their own vehicles for use in calendars or other materials as long as they don't use Ford trademarks in products that will be sold.

I think it is great that the Black Mustang Club, and any other enthusiast club, would take pictures of their own vehicles for use in calendars or other materials.

I'm looking forward to purchasing a copy to hang in the garage next
to my Mustang (even if mine isn't black).

Thanks for giving us the chance to have our say.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Whitney Thank you for supporting the Mustang Enthusiast!!!

Welcome to Wicked Stangs

Gib