• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tuner for 04 Mach 1

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
So my options are as follows:

1. Bama X4/SF4 Power Flash Tuner w/ 3 Custom Tunes (99-01 Cobra; 03-04 Mach 1)
http://www.americanmuscle.com/x4-tuner-custom-cobra-mach1.html

Figure this is pretty self explanatory.

2. Bama 4-Bank Eliminator Chip w/ 3 Custom Tunes (99-01 Cobra; 03-04 Mach 1)
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct-4bank-custom-cobra-mach1.html

Obviously have to put it into the computer and route the control cable through and mount it somewhere.

3. 4 Bank chip with dyne tune at local shop.
http://www.performance-dyno.com/performance-tuning.html

Now I am leaning toward the second option. Reasons for that are that this is the wives car, she doesn't drive it year round, and it is a daily driver for her during the late spring/summer/early fall. The reason I want it tuned is it just doesn't seem to be running quite right. The dealer had flashed it back to stock when we bought it and put legal exhaust back on. It does have high flow cats and Xpipe going to stock cutback setup. I don't know if that will be the issue with it not quite running right or not. I am also putting a MAC Catback on the car before springtime for her and leaving the pipe.

Obviously with a reputable tuner, the dyne tune would be best but is listed at 450 with the Chip. The first one is second most expensive but would require me to have a windows platform of some sort. The second one is the cheapest and would probably never need to be updated and if by chance she wants more performance, she can switch tunes on the fly with the turn of a dial.

Thoughts and opinions?

Thanks guys.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Get the BAMA tune for life. You can use live wire, provide the downloaded data logs to BAMA, and they will customize the tune from the data you provide them.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
If you want improved performance, gears are the best bang for the buck for these cars

Last edited:

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Last thing Shell needs is gears. This is an automatic also. Just trying to get it running nice and smooth for her. Thanks guys for the inputs.

Livewire seems a little overkill for her car. More tuner than will ever be used. Plus if I got to use a windows platform I will have to buy a new laptop that has windows.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Last thing Shell needs is gears. This is an automatic also. Just trying to get it running nice and smooth for her. Thanks guys for the inputs.

Livewire seems a little overkill for her car. More tuner than will ever be used. Plus if I got to use a windows platform I will have to buy a new laptop that has windows.
gears will make it run nice and smooth from stock to a nice 3.55 would make a huge difference..