• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wheel spacers

Runvsofthisbull

Donator
So I recently swapped a 4.6 into my 2002 vert (formally a 3.8) and I am using an aftermarket k member and a-arms from PA performance, however the inside of the tires (stock 17x8s with stock 245/45/17s) are rubbing the a-arms. I want to try spacers to overcome this. Any idea what size to use? The problem occurs when I turn the wheel about 75-80%.
Thanks,
Justin.

Ferocious

Chula Vista
I'm sure a 1/2" spacer would fix the problem without throwing off the look... especially on a skinnier tire like yours.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
If the spacer is not enough, we can add new stops to the rack and pinion to prevent the wheels from turning that far. I would start with some spacers and check out the look. If you are still rubbing after the spacers are installed, the larger steering stops should do the trick.

Runvsofthisbull

Donator
Awesome thanks for the advice guys. I'll start with the spacers. If not would putting a larger rim size help this issue since their would be more clearance over the a-arm? Hopefully 1/2 inch does the trick, I mean I daily drive the car and overall ride is good, but u turns can be a bitch.