• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wicked Stangs 1st Super Snake

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
And just out of curiosity what would something like that cost?

UMMMMMMMM ALOT!!!!!

I dont remember how much it was but I remember being floored y the number.

And RED, don't leave yourself open like that........LMAO. To keep this G rated, I wont reply to it......HAHAHAHAHA

Gib

Tommy

And just out of curiosity what would something like that cost?

it is quite pricey. The 650hp option is about $28k and the 725hp option is $33k. Shipping is customer responsibility but can be added to the price. Fair enclosed transport should be around $1k from Vegas to SD area, but they like to make money on that too. They charge double that at least to make extra profit if they handle it for you.

Here's some info from Shelby's website:

Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque; an optional 725 horsepower system is available

6-speed manual transmission with a Ford Racing short-throw shifter and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio

Borla performance exhaust system for the 600 horsepower version; JBA manifold and back system for the 725 horsepower option

Engine dress up kit including billet aluminum fluid caps and dip stick handle

Ford Racing suspension tuning including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace

Exclusive Shelby- Alcoa 20-inch forged wheels with Super Snake center caps

Shelby / Baer 6 piston forged front brakes calipers with cross drilled and vented rotors all around

Front and rear brake cooling ducts

Side scoops, carbon fiber front fascia splitter, mirror covers and rocker panels

Classic Shelby design hood with functional scoops

Super Snake exclusive striping

‘Shelby’ lettering across the rear deck lid and 'Super Snake' badges

Center cluster with Carroll Shelby signature gauges for boost, fuel pressure and oil pressure

Shelby embroidered headrests, Super Snake door sill plates, aluminum map light accent, floor mats and other exclusive components

Official Shelby CSM dash plate

Though the complete Super Snake package will be available exclusively through Shelby Automobiles, many of the products comprising the package will also be available from Shelby Automobiles and Ford Racing beginning in late June 2007. Anyone interested in transforming their Shelby GT500 into one of these rare supercars should contact the Las Vegas factory at (702) 942-7325.

Tommy

Definitely would be cheaper if you buy all the components yourself and do it yourself or have it done. The only drawback is that it wouldn't be quite the "collector" car. Those looking towards future investment value will pay the extra few thousands and have it serialized by Shelby Autos. It's a limited run of only 1,000 for 2007 and another 1,000 for 2008.

02gt

Definitely would be cheaper if you buy all the components yourself and do it yourself or have it done. The only drawback is that it wouldn't be quite the "collector" car. Those looking towards future investment value will pay the extra few thousands and have it serialized by Shelby Autos. It's a limited run of only 1,000 for 2007 and another 1,000 for 2008.

i was gonna ask but you kind of almost answered my question, but i'm wondering if someone like you with a reg gt500, if they will give you a SS number will it be an authentic SS, or will it be a "replica" because it was never originally sold as a SS.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
i was gonna ask but you kind of almost answered my question, but i'm wondering if someone like you with a reg gt500, if they will give you a SS number will it be an authentic SS, or will it be a "replica" because it was never originally sold as a SS.

If I remember from my tour of Shelby. They will register your car as a Shelby in
the Shelby registry if the parts you purchase is from an authorized Shelby dealer or Shelby themselves. However, you will not be assigned a serial number.

Tommy, did I get this right? My memory is not what it use to be, but I think this is what they told us at Shelby.

Tommy

Super Snakes were never sold "NEW". It's a "post title" package, meaning that you first buy the car, then send it to them for the conversion. The only "new" Shelby modified cars are the GT5000KR and Shelby GT Mustang like the one our member FightingSailor has. All Super Snakes were once GT500's in the hands of owners before they were modified (40th anniversary package also). All the others were and are available brand new.

Tommy

If I remember from my tour of Shelby. They will register your car as a Shelby in
the Shelby registry if the parts you purchase is from an authorized Shelby dealer or Shelby themselves. However, you will not be assigned a serial number.

Tommy, did I get this right? My memory is not what it use to be, but I think this is what they told us at Shelby.

I didn't get any of that info when I toured the Vegas facility about being added to the registry with authorized parts. What I do know is that only if they do the work do you get the number. Plus it was a very long waiting period just to be called in. They're still expecting me. I haven't told them I'm not doing it. I guess I'm just buying time incase I change my mind.

Tommy

02GT, to help answer the question, if I were to go ahead and do mine, it will be an authentic SS