• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wicked Stangs Professional Tuning Day

Professional Tuning Day

• Total voters

frank s

at Play in San Diego, CA
Tell more about the "bung". Who does them locally? Where do they go?

"Children are wonderful from about age two to age four. When they reach four, they should be put in a barrel and fed through the bung hole. When they reach twelve, seal the bung hole".

- Mark Twain

maverick169v

WS Posting God
umm, good idea. on a side note, if you owned a forced induction car, dont let anyone learn on it. practice on n/a cars. they are a lot harder to hurt. just my .02 cents, but i had a bad experience with a tuner "learning" on my car.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Tell more about the "bung". Who does them locally? Where do they go?

"Children are wonderful from about age two to age four. When they reach four, they should be put in a barrel and fed through the bung hole. When they reach twelve, seal the bung hole".

- Mark Twain
bung.jpg
frank the above picture shows where a bung goes usually on your left bank but, I have seen dual setup. It is welded in at a muffler shop and capped off it allows a tuner to install there A/F meter to check how your car is doing during the tuning processes..

umm, good idea. on a side note, if you owned a forced induction car, dont let anyone learn on it. practice on n/a cars. they are a lot harder to hurt. just my .02 cents, but i had a bad experience with a tuner "learning" on my car.

The Tuner who comes out is doing it. We are there for learning purposes only. And. everyone takes that risk of letting any tuner practice on your vehicle:)

maverick169v

WS Posting God
ok, well thats a lil different. doesnt sound bad. if i have my smaller pulley on i may be down. gotta decide between 12 or 15lbs though.

02gt

why dont you guys just put the air fuel sensor into the 02 sensor bung? greg's guys did that when i got my dyno tune at RET. just a thought....

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
02gt said:
why dont you guys just put the air fuel sensor into the 02 sensor bung? greg's guys did that when i got my dyno tune at RET. just a thought....

That is probably why you are having issues:) J/K

Remember the front 02 sensors make A/F corrections for your car. Removing your 02 your car would throw a CEL (Check Engine Light). Installing the wideband in place of the O2 would mean the sensor for that bank wouldn't update the PCM. That is why a bung in front of your 02 sensor is needed so that it can sample before the cats for an accurate A/F Reading.

Some tuners temporarily remove the stock O2 sensor.

Its really not a big deal since the car is only on the dyno for a short period of time...

wikedcobra312

i am all in if we are able to get a tuner out here. should be cheap too if we get a lot of people, will i have to dump the pred and get an sct?

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Cool, I'm in, I have to make sure a have a bung first though.

02gt

do you think they could upload a tune for a 10 or 11 lb pulley on to my predator? I want to put an intercooler and and my 3.33 pulley first before i retune it.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Now how did I "KNOW" Maverick would be one of the two to vote "Why" on this poll?

I gotta say he's consistent!

At what, I have NO idea!

wikedcobra312

cool, i will not dump it and save it, thanks emilio, i was gonna be sad if i had to dump my tuner. i guess all i will need to get now is a smaller pulley and bigger maf, if al sees this post, i wonder if he got a price on the maf that he is getting at dante's