• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WIKD500 Quest for 10.9 @ Fontana

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Alright guys when I say I going to do something I make sure I do it..:)

Well my last outing at Fontana I was gunning for 10.9 and ended up with an 11.9 @ 119 mph.. With stock suspension and lots of Wheel Hop.

I will be returning to Fontana once again as soon as I get all my parts installed.

I am waiting for my parts to arrive this week. Below are the reason why I choose what I did.

ITEM #1 I found these doing some research on Upper Control Arms
UpperControlArm.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WESL6FV7Uus"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

3 Reason I liked these..
1. They are not made with polyurethane bushing which squeak alot.
2. They have a little more flex than the polyurethane bushing.
3. The cost...

I could have went with the Spherical Rod End but, still wanted the ride comfort.. And no NVH

ITEM #2 Steeda Billet Rear Control Arms
Steeda.jpg

1. I was going with the same brand as the upper but decided on the Steeda LCA that a member was selling on here.
2. For the LCA you do not want much flex and the best thing out there would be the Steeda polyurethane bushing. Now if I went with a spherical bearing I would have a increase in NVH (Noice, Vibration, harshness) which I am not looking for.

ITEM #3 Roush Mustang Rear Coil Springs Stage 2
Roush%20Rear%20Springs.jpg

I choose to install spring on the rear only. For 2 Reasons
1. IMO the front is at the right height (I bottom out trying to get my car in my garage anyways)
2. If you look at a GT500 from the side the rear is higher than the front.

With the Roush Rear Springs it will lower the rear an inch and and be leveled with the front.
DSC_0036.jpg

ITEM #4 Nitto NT555R P275/40R17
555r.jpg

Now Tires, I will be running the exact same tires that I used on the previous run. I bought them from Subzero4

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I'll buy everything except for the tires. In order to reach your goal you're going to have to be able to launch the hell out of that car. I don't believe you will be able to do that with those tires. Sub, spun the hell out of those with the relatively stock 02gt and 4.30's!

All those who agree say "I"!

CooBra07

Orange...I have to agree with you...

Emilio....what are your performance mods again??? If I remember correctly, we have the same mods...right??

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
i agree with orange i had 305's of the same tire and spun it with 4.10's on a stock slowbra.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I'll buy everything except for the tires. In order to reach your goal you're going to have to be able to launch the hell out of that car. I don't believe you will be able to do that with those tires. Sub, spun the hell out of those with the relatively stock 02gt and 4.30's!

All those who agree say "I"!

Your comparing apples too oranges again..
I have proven time and time again that I can cut good 60foots with those nittos. I will do it again
ok, you might be right. We will see..

Orange...I have to agree with you...

Emilio....what are your performance mods again??? If I remember correctly, we have the same mods...right??
Nope....:) I probably have less than you...

i agree with orange i had 305's of the same tire and spun it with 4.10's on a stock slowbra.
unexperienced driver was your problem (Mustangs the way to go).. Look what you drive now:):rofl:

02gt

the NT05R's are supposed to be pretty nice, the new mm&ff tested em and they were cutting 1.6xx 60 foots, but if it were me i wouldn't f around just get some slicks and your set...

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
inexperienced haha for one i have 7 Q trophies for reaction time 2: my 60's are all under 2. :) and the red sled has everything i need. system, comfort, heated seats, navigaton, sun roof, 400 hp (for right now ;) ) on tap. and leg room front and back. i didnt have leg room in the slowbra until i put in the race seats and brackets

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
inexperienced haha for one i have 7 Q trophies for reaction time 2: my 60's are all under 2. :) and the red sled has everything i need. system, comfort, heated seats, navigaton, sun roof, 400 hp (for right now ;) ) on tap. and leg room front and back. i didnt have leg room in the slowbra until i put in the race seats and brackets

Don't get me started on trophies, before you even knew about the Q and what was a 60foot:) I was racing with race legal when it useto be at the sport arena.. I pay one center... :rofl: Young Buck...:lol: Why do you think all my parts are tailored to still keep its street comfort//...

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
Don't get me started on trophies, before you even knew about the Q and what was a 60foot:) I was racing with race legal when it useto be at the sport arena.. I pay one center... :rofl: Young Buck...:lol: Why do you think all my parts are tailored to still keep its street comfort//...
i neevr said i was better then you or that i was more experienced but im definitely not inexperienced. i have over 300 passes at the Q and 30 at the Q
there is always some one better, faster, more experienced. but i am happy and i learn new stuff all the time. just saying everyone had problems with the nitto's. one they take alot to heat up. and when they are too warm they are slippy as hell haha. i got better times with my bf goodrich sport ta's those personally were the best bang for the buck tires i owned

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
i neevr said i was better then you or that i was more experienced but im definitely not inexperienced. i have over 300 passes at the Q and 30 at the Q
there is always some one better, faster, more experienced. but i am happy and i learn new stuff all the time. just saying everyone had problems with the nitto's. one they take alot to heat up. and when they are too warm they are slippy as hell haha. i got better times with my bf goodrich sport ta's those personally were the best bang for the buck tires i owned

Just messing with you VP.... Gibs and you are always mad at the world for some odd reason:hello:

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
FYI: You will have to be able to run about a 6.9 1/8th to get a 10.9 in the 1/4. Right now you are over 1 full second away from that. Better get to it!

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Gibs and you are always mad at the world for some odd reason:hello:

Just you Emilio...... nobody else.....LOL

I just wanted clarification of what you were talking about. But thanks for dragging me into this argument with VP.....