• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WIKD500 Quest for 10.9 @ Fontana

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
chargers suck at traction thats what im working on next. i like your mods just think there are better DR's then the nitto even tho i love the way they look

CooBra07

Emilio...if you have less mods than me then your going to need more than tires to reach your goal of a 10.9

Im running consistant 11.5's @ 121mph...7.401 in the 1/8...with full slicks... 1.621 60' is my best so far. Im launching the car hard too... I've tried many different tires and from personal experience, these GT500's have a lot of TQ and will spin the tires easily. Also our cars weigh 3900+ lbs..lol

Just my .02 cents

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Emilio...if you have less mods than me then your going to need more than tires to reach your goal of a 10.9

Im running consistant 11.5's @ 121mph...7.401 in the 1/8...with full slicks... 1.621 60' is my best so far. Im launching the car hard too... I've tried many different tires and from personal experience, these GT500's have a lot of TQ and will spin the tires easily. Also our cars weigh 3900+ lbs..lol

Just my .02 cents

you are correct.. But, there are a couple of others mods I am not disclosing yet:) Until they arrive:) Everything I posted is what I have so far:)

boostedmach

We are running 11.4's at 122mph with our 07 gt500

Tune, Pulley, Intake

Complete rear suspension setup, on 20" nitto Drag radials..and I think a 3.83 gear.

Its all about putting what power you got down to the ground. So...very possibly 10.9 in your future.

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
boosted its a lot quieter now with ethans old mufflers, i love it.

emilio, elmer fud never drove a terminator.

albert, just because you enjoy the close male companionship, of the opposite of straight guys, doesnt mean thats what everyone else likes to do. stop putting yourself out there bud.

yosemiddysam

Donator
It is ok DSG. Albert got to ride in a real car today.... Maybe he will just go ahead and tell Emilio to sto posin cause he aint gonna beat me.

CooBra07

We are running 11.4's at 122mph with our 07 gt500

Tune, Pulley, Intake

Complete rear suspension setup, on 20" nitto Drag radials..and I think a 3.83 gear.

Its all about putting what power you got down to the ground. So...very possibly 10.9 in your future.

Nice! How much rwhp you putting down with your GT500...what are your 60' times with those 20" nittos.

Do you have any vids?

boostedmach

Nice! How much rwhp you putting down with your GT500...what are your 60' times with those 20" nittos.

Do you have any vids?

Tune, Steeda Upper and Steeda Intake car made 515rwhp on a mustang dyno

Then later the car was data logged and Re-tuned by same tuner for a race tune, with no cats. So ~550rwhp

Low 1.7s 60' 11.4@123mph on the 20" nittos and Race tune/no cats + 9" rear end setup. No videos of the car on the 20s

DSCF0222.jpg

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Tune, Steeda Upper and Steeda Intake car made 515rwhp on a mustang dyno

Then later the car was data logged and Re-tuned by same tuner for a race tune, with no cats. So ~550rwhp

Low 1.7s 60' 11.4@123mph on the 20" nittos and Race tune/no cats + 9" rear end setup. No videos of the car on the 20s

DSCF0222.jpg

There doesn't appear to be any preload on those coil overs. Is that how you guys run it? Just curious.

boostedmach

There doesn't appear to be any preload on those coil overs. Is that how you guys run it? Just curious.

im not sure, I can ask, but that was during the install, so they might be.

Edit - what are you referring to when you say preload...just wondering?

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
im not sure, I can ask, but that was during the install, so they might be.

Edit - what are you referring to when you say preload...just wondering?

Spring Preload​
The threaded lower spring seat is used to adjust spring preload. Compressing the coil spring to any length shorter than it’s free
height, with the strut fully extended, is considered preloading the spring. If you adjust the spring seat to change the vehicle’s
ground clearance, be aware that you will be adding or subtracting travel in the front strut. Usually when lighter-than-baseline
spring rates are used it is necessary to add preload to achieve the correct balance of travel and ride height. If preload has been
added make sure there is adequate spring travel remaining to prevent coil bind before the strut is fully collapsed. (Refer to the​
Spring Rate Baseline chart.)

boostedmach

Spring Preload​
The threaded lower spring seat is used to adjust spring preload. Compressing the coil spring to any length shorter than it’s free
height, with the strut fully extended, is considered preloading the spring. If you adjust the spring seat to change the vehicle’s
ground clearance, be aware that you will be adding or subtracting travel in the front strut. Usually when lighter-than-baseline
spring rates are used it is necessary to add preload to achieve the correct balance of travel and ride height. If preload has been
added make sure there is adequate spring travel remaining to prevent coil bind before the strut is fully collapsed. (Refer to the​
Spring Rate Baseline chart.)

Ok, yea We have spent some time adjusting it and seeing how it launches.

It prob looks like the collars are all the way down becuase the rearend in that pic was just getting installed.