• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wrecked car at Fontana street legals.

gmantheman

My first pass of the day I wrecked my car. The guy that ran before me leaked oil near the top end and the track officials didn't catch it. One of the guys I was with said he saw blue smoking co
coming from the car that dripped the oil. That was his only run of the day as was on trailer. I hit the oil going around 100. I lost control and there wasn't much I could do.
Here are a couple of pics. I hope it will buff out.
As far as me, I m okay. Just a little burn on my wrist from the airbag and an abrasion from the seatbelt. I already submitted a claim online to USAA. I know they don't cover insurance at the track so I am SOL there. I wasn't about to try to insurance fraud by claiming it happened somewhere else. Not worth getting caught.

Attachments

• DSCF1149.JPG
    DSCF1149.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCF1150.JPG
    DSCF1150.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 87

gmantheman

I will go to medical tomorrow just to get checked out. I know pain and other symptoms can show up latter.

Murdock

Oak Harbor, Wa chapter
Glad your not seriously hurt. The car can be fixed with time and work but you on the other hand are a little harder to work on.

Red

Glad your ok. That sucks about your stang though. Did anyone talk to the guy who dripped oil on the track? I'd be pissed at him.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Damn Gman sorry to hear about that... Im just glad your ok. So what are they gonna do about car? Can it be fixed?
I would try to take good parts off and look for another 05-08 stang. If you plan on taking them off and gettin rid of them
let me know. I love to have that torque bar for one on the trans if its not bent and your drive shaft. Once again I am glad your alright.
Just get some rest and clear your head and figure out what your gonna do.... Take care brother

gmantheman

I am not sure what my plan is. I would like to see if my car could be repaired. If not an 05-09 mustang would be the logical choice since I could use my car as a donar car. Another awesome idea would to buy a clean foxbody and transport my engine into it.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Damn Gman that would be a great idea. I have to very clean foxes that I bought up here. My little 89 notch would scream with my engine from 06 in there and some NOS

yosemiddysam

Donator
Damn GMan.....Sorry to hear and see this. Such a pretty car!!! I dont think there is much you can do about the oil on the track but I hope the best for you!

northerncountry

G- glad your ok bro it sure sucks Thats the big reason I don't drag race. Scca and Chuckwalla if you loose control your just going to hit a cone or get sandy!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Just glad you're ok.

That's the chances we take when we choose to race. Just glad that its on a track and not on the street.