• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

89 GT Convertible

wickedbird

ne8u6aqe.jpg

I drove it back to Yuma today. Runs strong. Only 88k miles, bone stock 5spd. Thanks again to Ford1288 for the good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford1288

Donator
Hope she treats you good. We all want updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

wickedbird

Well unfortunately I am getting my spine fused on Tuesday so I will be unable to work on it for at least a month. I'll just go on line and order a bunch of goodies.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Well unfortunately I am getting my spine fused on Tuesday so I will be unable to work on it for at least a month. I'll just go on line and order a bunch of goodies.

why are you doing that? I was giving the option and opted out.. They say it might make it worse..

wickedbird

Well I am about 75% back to normal after the surgery. I changed all the fluids on the car, changed the thermo to a 180, added a BBK cold air intake, plugs, wires, cap and rotor and detailed the interior. I just ordered all new rubber seals for the windows and a electric fan set up. I am looking for a used H-pipe and cat back if anyone out there has one.

I need to set the timing next, what should I set it at?

Ford1288

Donator
Hope you still love the car bud. I have long tube headers and h pipe I will have for sale soon if you are interested.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Well I am about 75% back to normal after the surgery. I changed all the fluids on the car, changed the thermo to a 180, added a BBK cold air intake, plugs, wires, cap and rotor and detailed the interior. I just ordered all new rubber seals for the windows and a electric fan set up. I am looking for a used H-pipe and cat back if anyone out there has one.

I need to set the timing next, what should I set it at?
Start the base timing at 10deg.

wickedbird

Car is solid. I am thinking about just getting the motor out and start with the restoration. I got a X-Pipe last week but let me know what else you'll be selling.

What do you guys think about black carpet with grey interior? I want to replace the carpet and I am thinking about changing just the carpet to black.

wickedbird

I got about 50% of the interior re-painted and installed. Now I am forced to finish the rest because it makes the rest look old and faded. I need to paint the dash but I heard that it is a pain to get out.IMG_0803.JPG IMG_0802.JPG IMG_0799.JPG

Ford1288

Donator
I say no to the black carpet. I have seen it before and wasnt a fan of it.