• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

94' gt 5.0 top end kit

zak

and the 94 was the best i could find at the time....wats the issue wit the computer

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
and the 94 was the best i could find at the time....wats the issue wit the computer

Back then there were no computer friendly cams like they have now.. We would have to swap our computers for an A9L from a fox. They say that with a tuner can fix all your woes, but, I and others had no luck with tuners or chips in our cars or maybe the cams were to aggressive.. They could only get WOT pulls good, but, drive-ability was horrible.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
yea is it a simple swap or would the a9l have to be tuned as well?
When, I got mine it was made by Pro-M, they are out of business now so I am not sure who makes it now. The Performance Improvement Harness smoothed out the idle and works great with cams 270-276 dur .544 lift cam and higher, if i had to do it all over I would try a TwEECer / Quarter Horse or a stand alone system like PMS by EFI Systems. Remember if you know nothing about tuning its going to be a new learning curve.. But, you will learn so much...

Remember just get a nice friendly cam and you should be ok..

zak

see ive never tuned a computer before so i was hoping to buy one that is already tuned but i will see if i can help from a buddy of mine who used to race mustangs back in the day thanks for the help tho.....wat about the trans and driveline in the 94 how much power can the stock trans and driveline handle?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
if you leave your cam alone and just get H/I you should not have than many issues with just getting it tuned... My transmission lasted the entire life of the car daily track car. I had around 3 or 4 clutches go bad. You can also get a T-5 upgrade kit if your worried about it...