• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

99-04 GT Header install

Anthony Longoria

The GF is considering buying me some BBK shortys for my B-day, the only problem I have with that is the install. Anyone have any exp. doing a 99-04 GT header swap ??? If so what were some of the issues you ran into ?? Did you remove the K member or able to do it without ?? Let me know what you guys think ......

-Longo
W.I Chapter

98Stang

One of my buddies swapped in some BBK LT's and pretty sure he didn't have to do anything with the K member

jojo2003

Yeah, you have to take K-member off. It's not that hard to do. I did longtubes on my 03 all by myself on jack stands. If you can get an extra set of hands that will help though.

Runvsofthisbull

Donator
Tell her to get you the long tubes and then drop the k member and bolt it up with a soils x or h pipe. Don't do all that work for shortys unless there is a leak/crack in one. More gains for both now andnfuture mods with long tubes. Just my 2 cents. Good luck and get some good gaskets too (bbks are good but not the only ones).

RonaldJamesThickness

Whidbey Island, WA
Donator
yeah either go with long tubes or personally i wouldnt change them cuz those years come stock with shorty headers and they aint half bad and for the money i would do some other bolts ons but thats just me.