• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bad knocking sound

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Well, this friday I put my car back together and when I ran it, it made a really bad knocking sound. Now I sure as hell as hope that it isn't the engine, and that something just came loose but if it is, I can't keep pouring money into it. If it does end up being something in the engine and I were to sell it, what do you think I should try and sell it for?

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Yeah, that's a good Idea, I might just go and check that out. Because it sounds like it might be coming from the back of the engine, so it is possible one of them came loose.

luckychance

is it valvetrain noise that u hear on idle?..i know the modulars tend to run noisy...there was even an updated phaser fixed but some cars still run noisy..

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Yeah, it's at idle, but it's a pushrod. So that wouldn't be it.

Ford1288

Donator
How you have all the Engine problems you have had is beyond me. I hope it is nothing serious man.

Have you seen him drive?

Ethan you won't get much for it man, it's an illegal car and it's getting harder and harder to get smog under the table. Plus, it needs a ton of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
I drive her like a performance car is supposed to be driven. You don' baby a car like that. And That I true, probably better just parting it out :(

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
You would get more parting out the engine if it's a bad motor. Is it driveable? If not, maybe I can come over and listen to the engine and see what we can find.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Yeah, Dave is coming over Sunday to take a look at it with me. I'll give you a call if we can't figure it out. Thank you. And I'll think about it.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Sunday, Sept 2nd. at 10AM. Address is 6420 Belle Glade Ave. San diego, CA 92119.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Problem solved, just another awesome WickedStangs Day with Dave and Ethan...talking cars and and working Mustangs.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
What was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nervous Driver Syndrome. Not certain, but the noise is gone. I can only speculate that the cams are so rough that he was filling a cylinder with gas and causing a banging sound at low idle. Hard to tell, but it's all good now.