• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Brakes

Red

I thought I posted this today but I can't seem to find it. Looking to get my brake pads done and wanted to know what brand or type get buy. Will also need help installing them. Thanks Todd
Red

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Are you upgrading the brakes? Red if I was there I would give you a hand and change them in your garage. They are very easy to do. Take the wheel off then the 2 caliper bolts, pull the caliper off then the brake pads, then put back on in reverse.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Redhawk is my brake pad of preference. They hanle extreme heat very well and seem to last longer without destroying the calipers.

Red

Are you upgrading the brakes? Red if I was there I would give you a hand and change them in your garage. They are very easy to do. Take the wheel off then the 2 caliper bolts, pull the caliper off then the brake pads, then put back on in reverse.
Don't you need something to press the caliper open to install the new pads?

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Don't you need something to press the caliper open to install the new pads?
I always used my hands to push them back in or a piece of wood and a C-clamp bu ya autozone has the correct tool.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
I do not have one, I just get it from Autozone and yes it has to be screwed in....a C-clamp and wood will ruin the rear caliper.