• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Check Engine Light on

My "Check Engine" light is on in my 05 GT. I have a little problem with acceleration. Does anybody have an OBDII scanner that I can borrow to diagnose what could be the culprit or know a shop that could do a diagostic check for cheap/free?

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
If you have a tuner you could use that to read the codes. I think you can go to autozone or one of the other parts stores and they will read it for you for free. You prob could use someone elses xcal to read it too.

gmantheman

If you have a tuner you could use that to read the codes. I think you can go to autozone or one of the other parts stores and they will read it for you for free. You prob could use someone elses xcal to read it too.

In Cali, places like autozone won't read trouble codes anymore.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Welcome to the great state of California where you can get sued for downloading codes for someone. :mad:

crossbreedgt

Sued for downloading codes??! Wow! If you were in WA state I have a scanner I could loan ya.. Don't sue me haha

(NW)Drake

who said that getting old sucks :-P
My "Check Engine" light is on in my 05 GT. I have a little problem with acceleration. Does anybody have an OBDII scanner that I can borrow to diagnose what could be the culprit or know a shop that could do a diagostic check for cheap/free?

did u get it figured out?

luckychance

pep boys still does it, at least the one in national shitty but you have to make an appointment in advance, theyll put you at the end of the line if you show up randomly