• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Forged internals

00StangX

Hey everybody! Im a new mustang owner and my buddy referred me to this club so here I am and I have my first question! Ive got a 2000 mustang gt with a procharger, cai, 36 lbs injectors, and a flowmaster exhaust. Im wanting to forge the internals before doing more mods and whatnot and found a kit for 640 $ which from what I understand would be a great price for the little bit of researching ive done to try and find a price estimate. Here's what it comes with :KIT COMES WITH FORGED PISTONS, RINGS, ROD AND MAIN BEARINGS, CAM BEARINGS, STD OIL PUMP, FREEZEPLUGS, GASKETS.......also SPECIFY BORE SIZE,MAIN AND ROD BEARING SIZE, SPECIFY YEAR OF ENGINE. So yeah, just wondering if this would be a good option for a low budget forced internal kit.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Forged internals are nice, but you will need to upgrade the block if you're looking for more power.

00StangX

I dont have any set in stone goals just yet. What kind of boost do you think I could run it at without forged internals? Also I was contemplating maybe getting a rear differential and an accufab 75mm throttle body/plenum combo instead of the forged internals if it really doesnt need it at this time...

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Which Procharger do you have? Do you have an intercooler? Is your car tuned and what compression are you running at? What octane gas do you use?

The 2000 GT stock bottom end will be able to hold up to approximately 500hp.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I dont have any set in stone goals just yet. What kind of boost do you think I could run it at without forged internals? Also I was contemplating maybe getting a rear differential and an accufab 75mm throttle body/plenum combo instead of the forged internals if it really doesnt need it at this time...

If you already have a blower with a good tune I wouldn't do the throttle body and plenum just yet. I would do the rear end first. Are you planning on going 31 spline with a locker? Do you have gears already? How much boost are you running? We need more details on the car to help you out.

00StangX

Im sorry for not being specific cause im still learning what all this stuff is. I do have an upgraded intercooler that i forgot to mention. I dont know about the tune or compression as I just bought the car a little over a week ago and didnt ask about it. Ive been running her on 91 at the pump. If I remember the 2000 gt is a stock 28 spline and it would be a lot cheaper on my end to get an upgraded 28 spline that already fits since idk what kind of horses I will end up running. With that said, what horses do you think it could handle with an upgraded 28 spline? I have stock gears as well. Stage two clutch. Im running her at just 6 pounds of boost right now for california smog purposes but wondering if I could just add a few pounds maybe to about 10 if she could handle that with stock internals. Maybe a new rear end and a bama tuner would be best at this point in time? Sorry for all the questions lol its new and there are a lot of ways to go with it and im just trying to get more experienced opinions ;)

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Don't be sorry. Better to ask questions now than to blow up your car. I would not up the boost since you don't know what the car was tuned for. Do you have a wide band o2? I wouldn't drive a forced induction car without one. I wouldn't worry so much about horses. Normally the more power people shoot for the more problems they end up with lol

93slvrfox

I can speak from personal experience. with a good tune those cars will out down reliably 440rwhp. I had a 2002 gt with port and polished heads cams and a d1sc pro charger that was pushing 10#s of boost and on a conservative tune it put down 420/420 and went 11s in the quarter. I wouldn't worry about the differential as much. I went through 3 stock TR-3650s I broke synchronizers and shift forks... I would upgrade to a promotion power train trans. Before you go trying to up the boost I would find out what pulley you are running. I would up your injectors to a set of 42s and find out what kind of pump you have. I ran dual pumps on my setup to be safe. keeping a lower duty cycle is key. Don't let anyone tell you that you need to upgrade the intake manifold. The stock one is fine for your application. If you like give me a call and maybe you can swing by NY house and I can check your car out and let you know what you have my number is 3868011279

00StangX

Idk what a wide amd an o2 even mean honestly so I probably dont. What are they? Also silver fox, I checked your area code and its florida? I live in san diego so the get together is a bit of a drive unless its just your number thats from florida haha.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Idk what a wide amd an o2 even mean honestly so I probably dont. What are they? Also silver fox, I checked your area code and its florida? I live in san diego so the get together is a bit of a drive unless its just your number thats from florida haha.

93slvrfox(Alex) is station here in San Diego.

Wide Band Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge, that's what Orange was asking.