• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gt40 lower intake

SiK FoX

So I picked up a gt40 upper and lower manifold at ecology awhile back. I'm gonna put them in this weekend but I was just curious to see if there lower manifolds are different. I don't wanna rip everything out for job reason

Ford1288

Donator
Can't help ya there, my assumption is that they would be different. Maybe do a little research?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Yes, the lower intake is staggered on the GT40 intake and straight on the stock intake. You have to change the upper and the lower.

SiK FoX

Yeah I was looking but couldn't find anything solid.
Thanks a lot mustangcwo...any pointers about the install? Other than making a whole for the temp sensor

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
The intakes are not complicated. Make certain you use the torque pattern described in the manual and keep the debris out. Take a good look at your fuel injectors before you install them. Make certain there are no cracks in the plastic top hats and the orings are in good shape. If you have never changed the injector Top Hats and O-Rings, this is a good time. The injector overhaul kits are inexpensive.