• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I got my T-Bird back after 3 years

wickedbird

engine.PNG birdfront.PNG So for some reason almost three years ago I sold my Thunderbird out of stupidity. After about 6 months I realized that it was a stupid decision and I started searching for it. The guy I sold it to was scared of it and sold it to a guy in Welton, AZ which is about 30 min outside of Yuma. Last week I get a phone call from a local gear head out here in Yuma and he saw the car pop up on CL and bought it within a hour of the add being posted. He then offered it back to me and I couldn't wait to get it back.
Story behind the car was that I bought it from the original owner (my squadron XO) back in 2010 with 76,000 miles on it. He had it built by JBA back in 2007 with a new aluminum block 302, Eldebrock heads and intake, Vortech V2 SC, T-56 trans and it dyno'd at 383 rwhp and 395 TQ. The overall cost of the build for him was 25K. The car has never seen snow or rain and has the original paint which looks damn near perfect. I saw the car yesterday and it looks the same, just needs cleaned and the only thing that changed was he put new tires on it. It only has 1,000 miles on it since I sold it.
I know the car is not a Mustang but it is such a blast to drive and you don't see them built like this. Almost every car show that I went to I would get a trophy. I'm going to bring it to Knotts in April which will give me time to get her back to show quality.
Does anyone else have a story like that? A car that they lost but got back? You can bet your a$$ that this thing will stay with me till I die.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Congratulations on getting Wickedbird back. It is a rare and beautiful car. Glad it's back in the family.
It's funny, the banner is still on there.

wickedbird

Congratulations on getting Wickedbird back. It is a rare and beautiful car. Glad it's back in the family.
It's funny, the banner is still on there.
That is a old picture, the banner is off. I got the car last night and it needs a good detail. It basically sat in the guys garage so its dusty and not up to my clean standards for a picture.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
There's a car show in Imperial on March 21st I'm planning on going. Maybe you might want to bring the bird. I'll post up info and the flyer later.