• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Installing springs?

Ferocious

Chula Vista
Hey guys, im looking for a place to install some lowering springs on my car.
The lowest price i got was $200 for all four.

Anyone know a place in san diego where they install springs for cheap?
Maybe a place that knows the wickedstangs club..

thanks.
- steven

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
The Wickedstangs install garage can more than likely do that for less then $200.
MustangCWO can give you more detail.

98Stang

are you installing lowering springs w/ existing shocks?? if so, how old are they? I would recommend swapping shocks/ struts out too.
when i put the lowering springs on my 98 i HAD to change shocks, otherwise ride was horrible, just FYI

Ferocious

Chula Vista
are you installing lowering springs w/ existing shocks?? if so, how old are they? I would recommend swapping shocks/ struts out too.
when i put the lowering springs on my 98 i HAD to change shocks, otherwise ride was horrible, just FYI

shocks & struts are stock. 15 years old.
i do not have the money to buy new shocks/struts however.

therefore for the first couple months, i will have to just deal with it most likely.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
i dont have any tools or mechanical knowledge whatsoever, thats why im asking lol
That's not a problem. We can either do it at the auto hobby shop at Miramar, (civilians can go on with military member) or a someone's house with the tools. That's why I suggested you contact MustangCWO. We could install them as a club.

98Stang

shocks & struts are stock. 15 years old.
i do not have the money to buy new shocks/struts however.

therefore for the first couple months, i will have to just deal with it most likely.
yea i understand money issues, just be prepared for a very harsh ride. And since your shocks/ struts are that old, once you lower it, they'll be THAT MUCH more shot. What brand springs are you installing?

if you're curious what it'd look like, here is how my setup looks like
185742_188134777891683_100000854856557_406307_7787810_n.jpg190054_188134514558376_100000854856557_406304_5686049_n.jpg

Attachments

• 184657_188134954558332_100000854856557_406309_3787201_n.jpg
    184657_188134954558332_100000854856557_406309_3787201_n.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 66

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Ferocious, we can install the springs in my driveway. I have all the tools we need and I've changed many of them. The club would like a donation for the install (message me for pricing) and you have to bring the donuts for breakfast. Apple fritter for me.

Ferocious

Chula Vista
yea i understand money issues, just be prepared for a very harsh ride. And since your shocks/ struts are that old, once you lower it, they'll be THAT MUCH more shot. What brand springs are you installing?
the springs are 2" drop springs from ebay, nothing special since im on a budget. i think the seller was 'acekogyo'.
i will definitely replace the shocks and struts in the future like i said
Ferocious, we can install the springs in my driveway. I have all the tools we need and I've changed many of them. The club would like a donation for the install (message me for pricing) and you have to bring the donuts for breakfast. Apple fritter for me.

This is fine by me. This will probably be early november. Whatever makes it easier for you guys is best for me.
I am not a military member Danny, so at someone's house would be the right choice. And of course i would bring donuts & a donation for the help. :BigGrin:

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Did someone say springs??

K-Member001.jpg

005-1.jpg

dtopford

Let me know when the install day is and I am there. Todd do you have a spring compressor tool also?