• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang ignition install

Mach I Auto

What I have is a 68' Coupe with 302 auto... It has an electronic distributor. What I would like to do is install a new one. I picked one up on c/l new in the box. It has the electronic box that bolts to the inner fender and 2 pig tails one that is 2 wires ( white....red) other pig tail is 4 wires (orange..green..purple...black/green). The distributor has 3 wires (black...black... black/orange). Now the big question for everyone is which wire goes where ????? Any help is greatly appreciated. Also I am converting to power steering. I have most of the pieces. Still in need of a power steering bracket. Looking for the bracket that bolts to the water pump. This is also the adjusting bracket. The water pump is what I am told is a "short water pump". The bracket that I have is for a different pump. Now I suppose I could just switch the water pump out. Don't know if I will have issue with clearance between radiator and fan. Or have a bracket made by a machine shop....Just looking for ideas. Thanks

Mach I Auto

Auto value on the box .... 4 different #s on the box....B/W# CBE 3 , ST'D#LX 201 , Neihoff#FF401, Filko#301