• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New parts coming in at the end of next week

dtopford

Hey all I have several new parts coming in next week. Aluminum drive shaft axel and axel bearing and seal headlight assemblies and a front spindle bearings and a few other items. I am looking for some help installing everything next weekend either at some ones place or on base at the hobby shop. If any one is interested in helping just roger up and drop me a line. Might even do my windshield banner that day as well. Thanks in advance. Dan

dtopford

Thanks, I don't know Todd by name, may know his car though. I will post more once the parts show up, they ship Monday. Also for re front spindle bearings do you guys think I need new spindle nuts or do you think the old ones will work fine.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Thanks, I don't know Todd by name, may know his car though. I will post more once the parts show up, they ship Monday. Also for re front spindle bearings do you guys think I need new spindle nuts or do you think the old ones will work fine.

Todd=MustangCWO (1987 Red Foxbody)

dtopford

Ahh gotcha, see I know the car and have met Todd and his son with the black Cobra.
Looking forward to seeing them again.

dtopford

Shouldn't take to long, really the biggest part I need help with are the spindle bearings and the right side axel and bearing. Also I need to press the ABS ring off of my old axel and press it back onto the new one.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Ok, Wicked Stangs San Diego. Looks like the parts are in and we are doing this tomorrow, Saturday (10/15) at 9am at Todd's house. 1713 Barbour St, Chula Vista 91913. Let's come out and help out a member.

dtopford

Thats correct the parts are here I have new gear oil and friction modifier. Goal tomorrow is remove old drive shaft and tranny output shaft seal and install new driveshaft. new spindle bearings up front and a new axel bearing seal and axel on the right side.

Danny I think we are doing this at Todds house not sure but I am meeting Dave at 0830 at my place.

dtopford

ok thats what I thought, the only under car stuff will be the drive shaft and thats really easy I just don't have the tools I need.

dtopford

Naw I could have done it with ramps today but I only have a real basic tool set here at the house right now because most of my stuff is on ship right now