• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Next upgrade ideas

seahawksax

I may have around an extra 2k showing up in my bank account in the near future. What would be the best performance/ handling mods I should get? For those of you that don't know I have a 2006 mustang gt with muffler delete.

seahawksax

3.73 or 4.10: what do you think about the combo pack that comes with a bama tuner from American muscle?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Your going to need a tuner for later mods.. They sound pretty good. On the gears go 4.10 and don't look back..

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Even for forced induction in the long run

Since you have a 2006 mustang you have two choices that each depend on the transmission. If you have an automatic transmission, the 4.10's will be the correct gear of choice. If you have a manual transmission the 3.73 gear set is all you will need, especially with forced induction in the future.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Auto here..hmmm learn something new every day

Just ask the guy who said 4.10's in the previous post, he is running 3.73 in his GT500 (manual transmission). Yes, 4.10 in the auto will keep you in your power band. Maximum power with the longest possible duration between shifts. Trust me, you'll love the GEAR!!!!

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Once the gears are installed, and you add some power, you'll want the rear suspension upgraded to put that power to the ground.