• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

throttle body install

LaughingGT

hey i was just seeing before i bought this if anyone would be willing to help install one of these, or if anyone has experiance doing it. just thought i would get a general yes before i buy it or go a differnet rout? it requires a bit of drilling and i dont have one of thouse either so i wuold also need to barrow a drill or go somewere were a drill press could be used thanks yall.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/gt500-tb-kit-0510gt.html
LaughingGT

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
How to TPS

Throttle Position (TP) Sensor

TPS.jpg

Removal
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. Disconnect the trottle postion (TP) sensor electrical connector.
3. Caution: Failure to remove the TP sensor screws in the following manny will result in damage to the screws. First loosen the 1-2 full turns using a hand tool and then use a suitable high-speed driver to complete the removal

Remove and discard the 2 screws and the TP sensor.
Do Not reuse the screws

NOTE: When installing the new TP sensor, make sure that the radial locator tab on the TP sensor is aligned with the radial locator hole on the throttle body.

Tighten to (27lb-in).

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
yep.. Also the new TB above should have everything installed it looks like.. Only thing I can think of being a problem in the CAI is not meant for the 60mm twin...

LaughingGT

cai is an easy fix its a flexible part sshou go around but if not i wil lmake it fit for right now and i havent ordered the part yet so it wouldent be this weekend lol

crossbreedgt

lastly you need to check to see how the throttle linkage is held on.. i installed one on a members stand and his just so happened to have a full plastic connector in place with no easy removal and a locking metal tab while mine does not..

LaughingGT

ordered part needing some help installing whos up for an install give me some times and dates u think would be best