• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Timing

wickedbird

I was wondering if anybody had a idea on where I should have my timing set on my 302 with a Vortech SC. I am running 91 but it still seems to be making a lot of noise and I think that it might be a timing issue. Thank you.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
*10 is stock I would play with it until you hearing pinging and then back off two degrees.. Remember to remove the spout..

wickedbird

Thanks Emilio. Also my Oil pressure is running at 70-75 when it is hot. Is that right? I am running 10W30 and it is around 110 out here. Should I change my oil?

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Base timing is 10 deg, however custom tuning will be required to set the rest. You're inlet temp determines the total timing you should be adding/subtracting. Do you have a way to adjust your tune. If not, take it to a pro.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Emilio. Also my Oil pressure is running at 70-75 when it is hot. Is that right? I am running 10W30 and it is around 110 out here. Should I change my oil?

That's pressure you always want it high.. The minute you loose pressure is when all hell brakes loose

wickedbird

Base timing is 10 deg, however custom tuning will be required to set the rest. You're inlet temp determines the total timing you should be adding/subtracting. Do you have a way to adjust your tune. If not, take it to a pro.

I don't have a way to adjust it. I think that I am going to take it to get it tuned. Just have to find a place out here in BFE.