• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wicked Stangs Race Car @ JBA Performance Center

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
All,
Our Race Car is at JBA Performance Center. JBA is working hard to get us ready for racing. While looking over the car for us they have noticed some issues as while as safety issues and are getting corrected.

1. SAFETY ISSUE
They notice the fuel line was shaffing on the gas tank which is very bad.. They are fixing that issue, and repairing it.:rock:
DSC_0019.jpg

2. Tranny and Stall Converter are Back in the Car :rock:
He also mentioned we have the wrong tranny hump on our car. So if someone as one laying around please let us know.
DSC_0038.jpg

3. JBA saw that we installed the Transmission Oil Cooler Wrong.
We installed the cooler upside down not utilizing it properly. We also were using hoses for the oil lines. To pass tech they have to be steel lines. JBA is helping us out with the install. :rock:
DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

Talked to Bruce today and they are going to get the right 5 digit strategy code for the processor and tune the car.

I will keep everyone up to date with the progress.

For More Updated Pics Click Here

Again, I would like to thank JBA Performance Center for their support and all their help towards keeping us on the track!

Tommy

You mention the wrong transmission cross member/hump, and needing the right one. Which is the right one?

Those can be easily modified with little welding needed

Ford1288

Donator
Yeah I was wondering about that dang crossmember when we tried yanking the tranny out. But I think a little drilling would be sufficient to make it work fine.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
You mention the wrong transmission cross member/hump, and needing the right one. Which is the right one?

Those can be easily modified with little welding needed

Yeah I was wondering about that dang crossmember when we tried yanking the tranny out. But I think a little drilling would be sufficient to make it work fine.

As Yosi mentioned its the Double hump one that is the correct one. The one we have will work and has been modified, But the right one is the Double hump one.

Tommy

Keep in mind, it has to be a double hump cross member specifically for an auto transmission. The manual trans can be modified, but they are different at the trans mount mounting points

yosemiddysam

Donator
Mine was a manual....... I will look for it anyways...could help with the exhaust either way. Good catches JBA Team.