• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2010 mustang hurst short throw

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
This is for those of our members that have a 2010+ S197. One of our new members Kenny asked me to help install his hurst short throw in his car. We got it in there with Erics help but I just want to point out a few key points to make the install go smoother.

1. The new hurst shifter is diffrent from 2005+ due to a long threaded shaft ment to go under your orriginal boot and knob. It does not have a complete hurst ball and chrome shaft like 05+

2. 2010 does not have a book to go off of from dealer for the car. There was no instructions we had due to member buying off craigslist.

3. Unlike the 05+ you MUST drop the trans cross member.

This shifter is installed like any other short throw but you do pretty much everything from bottom. Pull the stock shifterball and boot this is one piece. Lift the car into air and take out the shifter linkage bolt, the two rear support braket bolts and the front bolt off shifter shaft. This is a long bolt be careful transmission is probaly going to be hot.
Next get a trans mission jack to support trans and break the 4 bolts and remove them from cross member. This will give you just enough play to remove the stock shifter and install the new shifter. Once in place reinstall all bolts ect. the shifter comes in two piece just like the previous model. This will have two allen screws which are easy to install from top. The center council will need some love. It just pops out I know its a new car but dont be scared to pull. Ok so now that you have shift all in lower car and go through gears the linkage arm can be installed wrong. If first gear is touching the center council then you need to lift the car back in the air and just disconect the nut holding the linkage. Give it a 180 rotation and tighten the nut down. Lower the car, throw the boot and knob on and have fun. OH like the previos style shifter you cannot smash on it from second to third. You will miss the gear almost every time. I found that the best way to go from second to third with car under a load is to use the palm of your hand. It will go in everytime do not grip the shifter knob and force it will not hit 3rd 80% of the time. Good Luck! Any Questions just ask.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Renegade You can't tell a diffrence with the new 2010+ Everything is hidden inder the stock shifter boot and ball. Its not like the 05+
where yu get the hurst shaft and hurst ball showing.