• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

ears

hay yall, i previously posted this on 02gt's thread about his engine tear down but i figured instead of pyrating his thread ill start another.

im tentatively buying his tranny, which is a 3650. im gonna have it built and put it in the car as soon as i can.

since im planning on keeping it, id like to get a modifacation on it knocked out right away.

similar to the t45 it seems to unbolt from the bell from the inside. im wanting to be able to switch that up so that i can unbolt it from the outside. so i can pull the tranny out, and away from the car leaving the bell attatched to the motor.

my reasoning is this. i have a set of bbk long tube headers on her right now, and they are a royal pain in the ass to pull off, and they wrap around the bottom of the bell keeping it from being able to be pulled straight out of the back side of the car. as of now, i have to pull the headers which intails pulling the k member, and dropping the motor on the floor for the most part. i absolutely hate this, more than most anything else. instead of doing that if i could pull the tranny off seperately, i would be able to just rock the engine back and kinda flip the bell out. this would turn a week job into a day job. 100000x easier. so i would then be able to change clutches and it would be more of a job, than a labor!!!! get what im sayin.........

any help with this would be amazing!!!

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
get you a t56 from a 03 cobra. It unbolts from the outside.Idk if you can do that to a 3650. I know youll need the tranny mount from his car to work on yours.

ears

f that,,,, im getting a great price from 02gt. and as long as it can handle the power im good with 5 gears!

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Considering I had the 3650 out of my B rebuilt twice with the parts listed in the TSB.

I think you are buying a very expensive boat anchor.

Renegade

Considering I had the 3650 out of my B rebuilt twice with the parts listed in the TSB.

I think you are buying a very expensive boat anchor.

agreed, the 3650 are sh*t, and i just went and looked at my SPARE 3650, and the only way i could see it happening is drilling out the existing holes all the way through the bell housing and trans to get rid of the threads and keep the holes the same diameter, then tap the holes on the bell housing and use hex bolts to hold them together since the clearance is tight... good luck? :dontknow:

02gt

I would never put t 56 if i was trying to go fast, the gear ratios are too small, you have to run 4 30's just to get same performance as a 3650 with 3 73's

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
I would never put t 56 if i was trying to go fast, the gear ratios are too small, you have to run 4 30's just to get same performance as a 3650 with 3 73's

...and then watch the 2-3 shift grenade in no time at all.

I'll stick to my PMP3650 that cost 500 bucks, with shipping, over the cost of having the T-3650 rebuilt.

By the way, I had the original rebuilt and had to have it rebuilt again one year later without ever taking the car to the track.

You want the tranny ears, go for it. I don't want to hear any whining from you later

ears

oh whinning there will be!!!!

well im gonna have mmr build it and they address the tsb when they rebuild and they warranty their work, and their parts. so if i run into any problems ill just take it back to them,,,,,,,,, and say,,,,,,,,,, fix it!!!!!

ears

...and then watch the 2-3 shift grenade in no time at all.

I'll stick to my PMP3650 that cost 500 bucks, with shipping, over the cost of having the T-3650 rebuilt.

By the way, I had the original rebuilt and had to have it rebuilt again one year later without ever taking the car to the track.

You want the tranny ears, go for it. I don't want to hear any whining from you later

whats the differance between the pmp3650 and the t3650?

ears

agreed, the 3650 are sh*t, and i just went and looked at my SPARE 3650, and the only way i could see it happening is drilling out the existing holes all the way through the bell housing and trans to get rid of the threads and keep the holes the same diameter, then tap the holes on the bell housing and use hex bolts to hold them together since the clearance is tight... good luck? :dontknow:

could you post a few pics... and ill point out what im talkin about?

Renegade

i can get pics from the outside of the trans but not from inside the bell housing where it shows the bolts, its surrounded by other stuff

Renegade

"3650 PMPHD HO 750HP with Good Used Unbolt Alluminum Bellhousing $2,149.00 as unit + core or $350.00
3650 PMPHD HO 750HP with SFI Bellhousing $2,359.00 as unit + core or $350.00"

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
"3650 PMPHD HO 750HP with Good Used Unbolt Alluminum Bellhousing $2,149.00 as unit + core or $350.00
3650 PMPHD HO 750HP with SFI Bellhousing $2,359.00 as unit + core or $350.00"

Best money I have ever spent on this car