• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

about to start the 427 build

90stripes

let me know what yall thing... im building a daily driver motor. total build will cost about $15000. without sacrificing quality of parts.

ford racing boss 351w 4 bolt mains
scat crank
i think im going with eagle rods... cant remember, ill have to look at my build sheet
je pistons
comp cams solid roller custom grind cam. i think... have to look at build sheet.
afr 225 cc heads
cant remember what rocker arms im going with..
edlebrock victor or super victor intake.
race carb... i think it was a deamon 850
arp 2000 bolts from top to bottom
tremec tko 600 trans with mcloud clutch.

motor should make somewhere between 6-700hp on motor... possible sprey, figuring on somewhere around 550hp on the ground in a fox with 3.73 gears. what do yall think about the build? im thinking its going to be a monster! any ideas on motor mounts? solid or polyurathane? will convertable motormounts hold it? anyone seen a combination like this?

Stangguy

One hell of a build! Can't wait to see you run it. I'd go with polyurathane or solid. If drag racing a torque strap would be a good idea too!

90stripes

oh a couple more things, did you ever find a radiator, long tube headers? and could you get a manual steering rack for me? if you go flaming river ill need the linkage also... could you pm me and tell me the new quote with those items added on?

Ford1288

Donator
The numbers your expecting seem really high to me but it would be the bees knees if they get that high!

90stripes

ive been around... got frustrated after i did the 351w swap... got screwed and lied to by the guy i got the motor off of... so i took it easy for a while trying to pay off the loan. now im in afghanistan to fund the new project. haha gotta love deployments

M

Mustangcwo

Stay safe while you're over and thank you for your service.

Sounds like a good build and you'll be very happy with the performance. However, you may need a little tubbing to get that power to the ground.

90stripes

haha yeah, your brobably right... actually i know your right. but one step at a time. i just want to get a solid drivetrain in the car first. then ill start looking into the hooking part.