• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Abs light on

619mustang

i hope im posting this in the right forum, but does anybody know of a shop that can read abs codes, or for that fact does anybody have a scanner that can read them? i took it to two local shops and they plugged it in to a obd scanner but they said they were unable to read the abs computer.i googled and said you need a special scanner to read abs codes is that true? any info or feedback could be much apreciate it. ohh yeah one shop said that i need to change my abs module, but this is based after his scanner could not even find it, just made me think after reading some posts on google.

619mustang

northerncounry-cant beat free lol thanks for posting, lol. ill hit them up tommorow morning, hopefully they can figure it out, id hate for it to be a dealer only thing, meaning taking it to ford, well see whats up tommorow

619mustang

thanks danny i sure will. i was suppose to be on vacation this week but canceled it since it was raining. so i will problably show up next week. hey did you make it to chillis? i wanted to go but ive had the flu and been feeling like crap this whole last week, and hated to show up and pass the germ around lol. so i kinda just chilled out. any ways thanks for the heads up dude. seems like its gonna rain all week, you guys got anything planned for this month or you guys gonnna wait till the new year. anyways talk to you later

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
thanks danny i sure will. i was suppose to be on vacation this week but canceled it since it was raining. so i will problably show up next week. hey did you make it to chillis? i wanted to go but ive had the flu and been feeling like crap this whole last week, and hated to show up and pass the germ around lol. so i kinda just chilled out. any ways thanks for the heads up dude. seems like its gonna rain all week, you guys got anything planned for this month or you guys gonnna wait till the new year. anyways talk to you later

Hope you're feeling better. But no, I had a night qualification shoot on Wednesday so I didn't make it out. Probably nothing going this week due to Christmas
but we are planning to go to the International auto show next friday, 12/31. Planning to meet up at the Fox Sports Grill in the Hilton Bayfront hotel, right next to the Convention Center and across from Petco Part at 11am. So, if you want, meet us then.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Yeah. It could just be that the magnet next to the abs gear (don't know what it's real name is) is dirty or has something that got attached to it, if so, it should litterally be a couple of minutes to fix it. Hope to see you at the auto show.

M

Mustangcwo

Yeah. It could just be that the magnet next to the abs gear (don't know what it's real name is) is dirty or has something that got attached to it, if so, it should litterally be a couple of minutes to fix it. Hope to see you at the auto show.

Dang Ethan...Good Call. I'm in SHOCK :shocked:

619mustang

Eurekaaaaa!!!! My abs light is offffff. Dont ask me how but it went away, did what you mentioned igottav8 just cleaned every sensor and even unclipped every sensor from the harness in the front bay and under the rear seat re hooked them back up , started the car and the abs light is off, thanks to all for your imput, now my dilema is i had taken my traction control button back then thinking that was the problem and now i dont know where i left it, if any one has one just laying around and willing to sell it let me know, if not its o the junkyard on monday or hit ford to get a new a-hole. Anyways im just happy to have no more abs light on my dash.

M

Mustangcwo

Ethan....I think that was his first "HIT" here on the forum...I'm so proud of the youngster!!!! I feel like a proud papa.