• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anybody running e85 in San Diego?

Un©ommon

I have a few buddies in evos and srts running it and they say its great and at ~$2.80/gal I almost need it. It also has a higher octane rating (94-98 average) so for us guys running blowers or turbos its benneficial.

Any input?

DrunkFatguy

I've heard that E85 Air/fuel is usually double than that of Gasoline so the lower fuel cost would be negated by the doubled trips to the pump.

Un©ommon

I heard of lower efficency but not half that of gasoline. Plus if you need the higher octane its still worth it. Theres still a lot of misunderstanding about it, I have questions myself but I just want to know what everyone else thinks.

GLDNPNY

Mike,

Any gains in reduced cost would be offset by all the componentry you would have to buy. I know for a fact you would need a new fuel pump and a different set of injectors. Yours can't handle the volume of fuel in an E85 setup. I THINK you would need new rails and fuel lines but don't know for sure. I would imagine some sort of tune would be required also.

Eric

tached_out

i would run it in a heart beat. it burns better and will make more power but the one thing that is stopping me is gas stations and road trips. What if we all go on a cruise and look no E85 with in a 100 miles.