• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

anyone running a locker or a deeper gear than a 4:10

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I have been thinking about doing a mini spool for my car and a deeper gear. I was wondering what my s197 guys out there think. After 6 months it will no longer be a daily driver but a weekend cruiser. I want to go with the mini spool and a deeper gear. I seen a few videos at MS VS W of my car going peg legged. I want to get rid of this probelm with a new clutch pack or a mini spool. What do you guys think?

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
i have a mini spool and have yet to get it together. the aftermarket axles i have will not allow the splines to go in far enough to put in the c-clips. if you want a spool, my advise is to get a spool. that simple.look into the c-clip elim kit also, you will need that

Mach1Marauder

Leave the spool alone and especially the mini-spool. Spools are hard on axles on the street.
Just get a locker and be done with it.

I do have a badazz Torsen - T-2R diff that is not noisy like a locker and no clutch packs to wearout.

blackstallion06

Donator
Is you rear end locked up all the time or is it a air locker. The only expirence I have with lockers is from my truck. What gears are you running?

Windveil Blues

OLD FART
Phill, you definitely need a deeper gear. I LOVE my 4.56's. It comes out of the hole like a scalded cat, dude. We took it out last night and went to Sonic for some grub because it is supposed to storm here from tonight all the way through Monday. Amy said "it is hard to text when you're going sideways." LOL

Mach1Marauder

Is you rear end locked up all the time or is it a air locker. The only expirence I have with lockers is from my truck. What gears are you running?

Don't know who you're replying to, but the diff I have is new and never run. Google Torsen and you'll get a lot of info on their site. It's beefy enough to throw a LOT of HP to in any useage......ie road race or drag.
I don't know your combo, so I can't make a gear recommendation.

blackstallion06

Donator
Don't know who you're replying to, but the diff I have is new and never run. Google Torsen and you'll get a lot of info on their site. It's beefy enough to throw a LOT of HP to in any useage......ie road race or drag.
I don't know your combo, so I can't make a gear recommendation.

Basically my rear end is going peg legged at the track now so the clutches have to be replaced or get a mini spool one or the other to fix problem.

blackstallion06

Donator
Its a 06 mustang GT 4.6. Has bolt ons and cams with a little NOS. Has a 5 Speed that is getting ready to get a stage2 spec clutch soon. I drive it daily and race when ever I get the chance. Moving to WA soon and then it will only be when the weather is nice car so maybe 3 months out ot the year :)

ears

ive seen two lockers that i like, one from frpp, and one from detroit. im thinking of the same thing. not a mini spool, but definately a locker. not sure where to start though.

id say leave the 4.10's alone if your keeping it on the street man.... i mean i really dont know. but 4.3o seems a bit deep for street use. youd be cruisin at 65 and probably be close to out of gear. i may very well be wrong, its just my assumption. but thats my .02

blackstallion06

Donator
Ears the car has 4:10's now. Alot of guys run 4:30's and 4:56 in these cars. With the cams it pulls all the way to 7000 RPM. If I change gears I am def going at least
4:30's. Im not into speed unless its a straight shot down the track. I dont care about gas milege. I just cruise on the free way and laugh at the ricers cutting traffic.

Going to look into the Ford Racing locker. Thanks for info guys