• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Clutch Install, Miramar Auto Hobby Shop, Sunday 02May10 @0900

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mustangcwo

Hey Everyone,

I'm putting a new clutch in my son's 1996 Cobra. The car has a T56 transmission with a 26 spline input shaft. If you're wondering what the conversion looks like, or just want to help out, stop on by and lend a hand. I'm getting OLD and it's not as easy as it used to be.

Miramar Hobby Shop
02 May 2010
0900 until complete

I'll have the donuts, you have to bring your own coffee.

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
damnit, Todd, you know as a Chief I cant pass up donuts.....LOL

Gib

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I'm a maybe, but if i don't have anything, I will most definetely be there

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Todd If I remember I will try to make it out. I want to do a clutch in my car soon so would be nice to get some input and knowledge. I never did one on a newer car. The Last one I did was on a 66 falcon

M

Mustangcwo

Dont think this will be tough with all the tools available at the Hobby Shop. I just hope the install on the parts coming out is on the up and up??

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I will be there tommorow morning, see you at 9:00am.

northerncountry

It took us all day to get that damn thing in, broken manifold bolt, and a bastard of a coolant hose on the back of the motor that was a SOB to get in. I took pics I will get those up when I can.

M

Mustangcwo

Want to send out a special thanks to Jon, Ethan, Steve and Dave. I would have never been able to get it all together without my WickedStangs Bretheren. The clutch is breaking in well, the coolant hose is sealing nice and the exhaust is not leaking....hmmmmm. Anyways, thanks again GUYS!!!!

I know why it was slipping, it was a GM clutch....VP, you should be shot....:doh:

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
that tranny was a GM tranny til they were adapted to be used in Fords....

Sorry I wasnt more help Todd, wish I could have stayed, but a preggo at home meant I had to get back.

The GM tranny didnt suprise me as much as the fact there was a broken bolt hole on the back of the block, and that everything was LOCKTITE'd together....

And that TOdd blew a swivel adapter apart by looking at it with a stern look.....LOL

Gib

northerncountry

yeah he sure did gibs, the same thing happends when he looks at a bottle of orange juice that says " consintrate " on it LOL

yosemiddysam

Donator
LMAO Sounds like I missed a fun day. I will be doing mine soon anyways so I am sure I will catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.