• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Engine cradle

GLDNPNY

I am pulling the engine and trans on the 90 to put a new McLeod dual disc clutch and Lakewood scattershield in among other things. I have to use a magnetic dial micrometer to check runout and I can't do that on an engine stand. I could do it with a hoist but the swinging on a chain it would be a pita. Does anyone know where I can get a cradle for a SBF so I can set the engine level and make sure I get the runout right? I have seenn people make them using a dummy block but I don't have one nor do I know how to weld.

ears

i would say check harbor freight if your just lookin for a cheap one to keep around!

GLDNPNY

I tried China Harbor but all they had were the normal engine stands. Found this on Amazon of all places:

41IiOc7Z2BNL__SS500_.jpg

For only 34.99. And it is configured for a SBF! I did find them on Summit but they were 50 dollars more. Even with shipping it only came to 53 dollars. So hopefully I will have the engine out, and have replaced all the gaskets I need to so that I can get the clutch and scattershield done soon.

And by the way, after I am finished with it, if any of you other pushrod types need to use it just let me know.