• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Engine won't start, no fuel?

JayDoubleYou

Ok so i'm doing a V6 to V8 swap in my 2000 mustang. I'm using a 2001 GT engine, tranny and well everything else also. My issue is that when i turn the key on my fuel pump doesn't cycle like its supposed to, when i put a test light up to the connector going to the fuel pump you can see the circuit cycle for a split second and nothing else. Not the typical turning on to build up pressure. I'm still getting spark, i can dump fuel into the throttle body and its starts right up so it's a fuel issue. Also my theft light on the GT gauge cluster is flashing. I checked all my anti-theft fuses and all the other fuses and so far nothing. Also i put 12v directly to the pump to ensure the pump still works and it works fine. when the key is cycled on you can hear the pump bump over but it doesn't stay on. Does anyone have any ideas.

JayDoubleYou

I'll look at that tomorrow as soon as i get home, i have duty tonight. But when i put a test light up to the connector right before the fuel pump it flashes for just a split second when the key is cycled to the run position. If it was a bad relay wouldn't i get no power at all. Also i did hear a clicking sound coming from the CCRM last night and so i swapped the V6 CCRM back into it because i knew that one worked. However the problem was still the same.

JayDoubleYou

Also this is an engine swap, I'm using the GT engine, harness and ECU but i'm still using the V6 steering column and ignition key. Since i tried two different CCRM's with the same out come could it possibly be a PATS issue. Do i need to get a key that is programed for this ECU?