• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Exhaust Drone suggestions

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Hi, I was wondering what exhaust that I could go with to get rid of the drone that I have in mine, I know that I will eventually get used to it, but it is driving me crazy right now. I have bbk equal length shorty headers, bbk catted x-pipe, and borla stinger cat-back exhaust. could swithing to an h-pipe help at all? Or sdo you recommend getting a different cat-back exhaust.

gmantheman

I am not sure about the previous generation but H-pipes tend to drone more than X pipes with the S197 also stingers are notorious for droning.

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
dont get rid off the borlas i want them back. the exhaust you had on your car i just cant get used to. so if youd like to make a deal or what not what ever. dibs.

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
i loved those on my car!!! with the catless h-pipe=loud. loud pipes saves lives. could you imagine them with turn downs?

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I dont like raspy or drone exhaust. I am very happy with my exhaust. If I where you I would just keep the headers and h-pipe and go with a 40 series flowmaster. I had them on my fox and I really liked them.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
For sure. let me do some research and I will find something to replace it.

oneFASTmustang

Ive never heard anyone complain out Hooker Aero Chambers. There a great peace that do not drone on my 2000 GT that is. Pretty tame for cruising and make a great sound when I get on it a little bit.

My dads 95 GT drones like a B---- at like 2250rpm with Flowmastes 40's