• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Exhaust help

Anthony Longoria

When I first got my 2002 GT I wanted to put in some type of beautiful sounding exhaust. So I bought a pair of Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers and had a shop cut off the old ones and weld these on with some nice black chrome tips. Now that I have been adding more and more to my car I want to look into getting new headers and all new piping inderneath but still keep my super 44's ..... any advice on the diferent style piping and headers for an '02 GT 4.6 ??? Thanks fellas .....

96PuttStang

look at americanmuscle.com they have a great selection for everything mustang and u might look at a bolt on kit so u can change ur setup whenever u want.

96PuttStang

oh and if u have an x pipe i wouldnt worry about changing it unless u get bigger pipes in which case u would have to change everything and headers r great but keep in mind the stock shorty headers aint bad if u go with a long header then u might lose power in the mid section of ur rpm range

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
Anthony, it depends on how much you want to do. If you buy a set of long tube headers and the mid pipes that come with them, you can likely bolt it up to your stock catback. Like the previous member stated, you can also buy an entire kit. There are a lot better sounding systems out there for the modular motor than flowmasters. Jump on youtube and do a search

96PuttStang

definitely do ur research if u wanna have a nice different sound and have the money take a look at slp loudmouth mufflers theyre awesome

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
I have really never been a fan of bolt in exhausts. I prefer buying a set of headers and letting a good shop build the exhaust, that ways its exactly what you want. I paid about $400 for the exhaust on my L

96PuttStang

I have really never been a fan of bolt in exhausts. I prefer buying a set of headers and letting a good shop build the exhaust, that ways its exactly what you want. I paid about $400 for the exhaust on my L

damn thats cheaper than most bolt on kits

BAD-SVT

Ford racing shorty headers, bbk o/r x-pipe, and magnaflow exhaust is the setup on the cobra and its amazing!

BAD-SVT

btw do you have a x-pipe on your GT? if not changing that will make a huge difference in the sound and tone

crossbreedgt

Ford racing shorty headers, bbk o/r x-pipe, and magnaflow exhaust is the setup on the cobra and its amazing!
that works.. i have bbk shorty headers, pypes o/r x-pipe and magnaflows on mine and it all matched up great..

Anthony Longoria

all good ideas .... thanxs guys ... ima do a little research and let you know what i think .... Time to start saving the dough.....

ragtop4

yea i have the same as crossbreedgt "ty" but i have a flowmaster catback. it all lined up great and sounds amazing.

crossbreedgt

start saving and hit me up when you wanna get it done.. i even have a spare set of cherry bombs if you wanna test them out haha

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
borla stingers. a little pricey but man they sound awesome. cats are a must or its like running straight pipes or straight headers. but the cats, tone it down to a perfect sound. just hop on you tube and listen to different set ups until you find what you like. imo

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Borla stingers are bad ass. I have summit racing glass packs and like them.