• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fox guys need help

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Ok I have a question. I have a 1989 notch now guys that still needs a little work but driving it everyday now. My question is about wheels and tires. I know its 4 lug my old 5.0 was as well. I was wondering though with the 5 lug conversion kits they sell would it work on my 89? Keep in mind its a 4 cly so probaly doesnt have the 8.8. I know they front isnt the problem with the kit it will work just fine. I am worried about if I change axcels with the one from the kit will it work on this 7.8 or 7.9 the car has... Since my shelby wheels are sitting in the garage still I think I am going to put them on the fox. Those wheels and a good wax or buff will make the car stand out as a wicked stang. I am not fond of the 10 holes that are on the car.

Dusten

Donator
Board Member
I wo uldnt waste the effort of doing a 5lug swap on a 7.5 that is on the rear of the car. But if you can find an 8.8 in the wrecking yard, the swap is easy.

swervo

I wo uldnt waste the effort of doing a 5lug swap on a 7.5 that is on the rear of the car. But if you can find an 8.8 in the wrecking yard, the swap is easy.

I totally agree. Plus 8.8s are everywhere and very cheap to buy.

northerncountry

Phil check out the Ranger Fx4 rear axles ( if you can find one) they are 31 spline 4:10 gears with auburn Lockers. Obviously you would have to change the mounts around a bit but other than that I would say it's a no brainer

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
That sounds good other than 4:10's lol I want a gas saver not guzzler lol. That is a awesome swap though thanks I will def keep it in mind