• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Front Sway Bar and Bushings

M

Mustangcwo

Wanting to improve my times for MvsTW, I decided to remove my front sway bar and associated bushings. It is a hunk of 1 5/16 bar metal that is best left for the street and not the straight track.

After removing all the bolts and dropping it down, I found some carnage.
SwayBar1.jpg

I decided to disassemble the bushings using a punch to bend down the tabs and slide out the rubber, what a mess!!
SwayBar4.jpg

Here are a few more pics of the bent up tabs and disassembled bushings. Very easy job and a must for me. I guess 140,000 miles was to much for this set. :rofl:
SwayBar3.jpg

SwayBar2.jpg

Time for some sandblasting, primer, paint and new set of bushings....but all that can wait until after MvsTW.

Also removed the the fuel vapor coalescer and changed oil in the supercharger.
Let's go racing boys. :rock:

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Hey todd dont be calling her old just yet. I seen on Power block a Mustang that a lady drives she is a door to door avon lady or something but her 85 5.0 with orriginal motor has 396,000 miles on the car. I will try to find the link.

M

Mustangcwo

Today I finished sandblasting the bushing mounting plates and put some paint on all the parts returning to the car. Here are a few pics:

001.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg