• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

hesitation

96Saleen

hey everyone, ive been having this problem for about 2 months now and cannot figure it out. the car starts fine and runs fine, but if i go to give it gas or when i first shift into second gear, the car hesitates to make power. you can hear the throttle open and the air comming in but the engine seems to run very rough and the all in the sudden all the power kicks in and the car accelerates like normal, i run 93 octane fuel. have stock coilpacks, ford racing wires, motorcraft spark plugs and my fuel is sitting at 32 psi idle and about 40 psi WOT. if anyone has any advise on what it could be that would be extremly helpful. thanks

RevElectronic

My car also hesitates, but i think it could be a timing issue.....IACV, but wouldnt that not allow the car to run once rpm drop below a 1000? And the only reason i am asking is because i have changed FF, SP, AF and ran seafoam from gas tank, not PCV.....

Mach1Marauder

yea i was leaning twards timing to. i have the steeda adjustable if anyone knows how to use it?

That changes timing GLOBALLY. Is the steeda installed NOW?

Just think about what changes have you done and when this problem has occured.
Does this occur after warm too?

Your first step is to check the computer for codes. If you don't have a way to check or there are no codes, clear the computer of the KAM. Disconnect the battery ground and try to start the car three times. That quickly erases the KAM. Re attach the ground and start the car to see if the problem still exists.

Let's go about this step by step. No sense you throwing parts at the problem.

This is a non-PI 2V, correct?