• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I have a tough decision...

Paul Huizenga

If you've poked around on my website you know that I have a GMC Syclone that has been an albatross around my neck since a rebuild-gone-bad about 7 years ago. I put a lot of time and money into that truck, only to never be able to get it to run right. Out of frustration, I parked it, and it has been sitting more or less ever since.

This past week, I got an offer from a friend, James Lawrence, who runs PowerTV. He wants the Sy for a LS project he's doing with GM. He's offered me this, in exchange for the roller:

http://www.stangtv.com/forum/building-nasty-408ci-sbf-fps-edelbrock-6096.html

I'd get the original engine out of the truck back as well.

The 408 would help me get my 86 GT running again, for sure. Or I could just sell it and actually have something of value instead of a truck slowly rotting away under a car cover. But I've had it for so long, and have so much baggage wrapped up in it, I'm having a hard time deciding.

So, what do you think?

GLDNPNY

Let it go. Take that beautiful Windsor and turn a bad situation into a win for your Fox.

TEXSSP91

thats a tuff one ... those syclones are collectors items man ... i think that there were just under 3000 made in 1991 ...you can always buy a 408 ... you have a rare truck .. id keep it ..

Tommy

My vote is keep it. I've let go of a few cars that would be gold mines. Those are very hard to find. You can always come back to that project later. For now, build yourself your own 408.

Shane361

If its gonna sit there and rot...trade. If your gonna actually do something with it..keep it.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
i would keep the sy. thats one of my fav all time vehicle omfg. just keep it till you gather project materials and thoughts and make another run at getting it working

ears

If its gonna sit there and rot...trade. If your gonna actually do something with it..keep it.

x2!

its not doin you any good just sitting there rotting. if your not gonna put your love into it let somone else!

i know it must be hard letting it go with so much work wrapped up in it. but sometimes ya gotta think,,,,,,, maybe someone could make this thing into something really special. and it would have a far better life than just sitting under a car cover falling apart.

i dont mean to make it sound like you dont love her... im sure you do.... but sometimes you just gotta let go!

M

Mustangcwo

I let my fox sit for five years without even starting the car. Once day, after I collected enough parts, I brought it back to life. I love that car and would NEVER sell it. If you enjoy the vehicle keep it and slowly work towards your goal. If you're sick of the vehicle, then take the 408 and cut your losses. Vehicles are always a hate/love relationship, but when they are running....it's AWESOME!!!

Paul Huizenga

Makes me sad to post these, but...

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg