• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My Shelby is Under the Knife

spdpilot

Well... just out cruising around and was on the freeway. Dropped it into 3rd and hit the hammer. Engine revved up, but didn't go anywhere, then it all of sudden shuddered and finally took off. It was almost like I was spinning the tires with wheel hop. But it wasn't the tires.

Family daily driver, so the wife drove it around everyday for a the past two weeks. It is past the infamous 12 months. But there was a TSB out about it.

I decided to take it up too Tuttleclick Ford in Irvine. They did the motor in my Nitemare perfectly.

On the way there, the clutch was slipping so bad that I wasn't sure I was going to make. They weren't sure Ford would cover it, but I had the TSB in hand.

Ford would only allow the clutch, flywheel, clutch mastercylinder to be replaced. The TSB called for replacing the input shaft and syncros also, but they said Ford wouldn't go for it.

Anyone else had this done to their GT500?????? Keeping my fingers crossed that this holds up.

I pick it up tomorrow. Before I even had a chance to talk with them, they had it done. I was going to have them install a shifter as well. I even thought about having an Aftermarket clutch put in and saving on labor. Oh well. Anyways... anyone have this TSB done??

M

Mustangcwo

Emilio had this done and they replaced his entire transmission. Perry Ford in National City took care of his car. Tell the dealership that it's not shifting right and you want the entire thing replaced.

Tommy

42 months and 10,827 miles as of tonight and this '07 starts, runs, shifts and stops prefectly.

spdpilot

&$%^@&@$*%@*!!!!!!!!!!! Uhg!

Ford is really dissapointing me on this one.

I let a lot of minor things slide or fix them myself, so my list was pretty short.

So after this whole transmission thing..which is basically a patch and without the other tranny parts....A ticking time bomb in the near future. Of course it will be long since out of warranty by then.

Now, there has been a nibble (small shake in the steering wheel at freeway speed) that I took the car to a different Ford dealer about 8 months ago. I paid to have them balance the front wheels.

It didn't go away, so I took it to Discount tire and had them balance, then check the rims and wheels for something bent or bad. They said everything is fine and it STILL didn't go away.

It has been bugging me, so I take it to this dealer and want it checked out along with the tranny issues because it has never gone away. They make me pay $140 for a "Forced Road Balance". Where they balance everything on the car. They discovered that I have a bad front tire. Sorry, beyond the 12 months no warranty! Buy another tire...oh hell no I won't!!!

Guess I got to get to Ford and do some complaining to have all this resolved. The people in management I knew there have all since retired.

So basically I got a Shelby that cost me $40K 14 months ago and I have a wobbling tire and clutch/tranny that won't hold power. And it is a known issue with the tranny and tire has had porblems since day one. And I have been holding off to do mods because of the warranty???

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
i have the same prob cept i have to find some one to force balance for me out here. i just got new meats for her

CooBra07

My only issue, I was having problems shifting into 3rd...took it to dealer and told them the issue...service guy said that there was a TSB for some Shelby GT500's. He said that he needed to run my vin to see if my car was one of them. It turnout that it was and had the whole tranny rebuilt. Car had about 8K miles on it at the time...

Ive had my Shelby for over two years now...current odometer reads 18,329...over 100+ hard launches at the dragstrip...two burnout contests and the car still feels and drives like new.

No Issues what so ever...:rock: