• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Shifter Install

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
So I didn't take pictures of the removal of old shifter but if you just go in the reverse order of what I did, it will work just as good.

So new shifter :)
IMAG0442.jpg

So first I cleaned off the old gasket.
IMAG0441.jpg

Next, i put a thin strand of gasket sealer on the transmission:
IMAG0443.jpg

Next, put the shifter on the shifter rail being sure that the shifter is actually connecting to the shifter rail:
IMAG0444.jpg

Next tighten down the bolts:
IMAG0447.jpg

Next, bolt down the boot cover and then bolt the shifter arm on:
IMAG0450.jpg

Next, reattach all trim pieces:
IMAG0451.jpg

And finally, screw on the shifter ball:
IMAG0453.jpg

Note this is only a rough outline of how to install a shifter, the 2005 and up shifter are dramatically different and so, the install will be different. Always look at the instructions before innstall as different shifter manufacturers may require more than listed.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Yeah I love it, I've always loved the positive engagement and notchy feel. Plus its so much easier to shift now at high rpm. And lol at Ford1288, of course I do. I race the crap out of it.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Well I have been pretty busy so I haven't had a chance to come out to any of the meets recently, I was at the last Monthly meeting though. I have had my mustang for a bout three years now. I'll try to bring it out more often.