• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

P2197 code~~~~ HELP

zimmerc

Code says Bank2 Sensor1 stuck in lean position. Happened after I smashed said O2 sensor harness between trans and engine. Can you splice new wires in or do you have to solder. I already crimped them and no matter what I cant get the code to go away

M

Mustangcwo

If the wiring is sheilded, it will have to be replaced entirely. If not, you should be able to splice the wiring together. It is just a low voltage signal, less than 5 volts, passing through the wiring. Try twisting the wires together and taping first. If that does not work, then you have more damage somewhere...maybe a grounded sensor.

M

Mustangcwo

Try swapping the O2 sensors and see if the code follows the sensor or stays with the wiring. I dont think the crimp should matter, but a ground in the wire or a bad sensor is the only cause for that code.

M

Mustangcwo

Possible Electrical Problems:
# Short to VPWR in the harness or HO2S.
# Water in the harness connector.
# Open/shorted HO2S circuit.
# Corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring.
# Damaged HO2S.
# Damaged powertrain control module (PCM).

I would remove the crimp and twist the wires together firmly and see if the code goes away.

zimmerc

Me and a friend are going to solder and heat shrink them tomorrow but i didnt want to waist my time if it wasnt going to help but that looks good now.

zimmerc

I have a feeling its a damaged PCM because when it was smashed it blew a fuse but i dont know if it blew it fast enough

zimmerc

ok found out that a couple of crimps fell apart. no check engine light now but still misfires at 1500-2500 when in park but seems to still haul ass.