• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Procharger question

BadBullitt

Old Guys Rule!
I'm thinking about putting a Procharger with intercooler on the Bullitt. RPMM would be doing the install.
Anyone have any experience with these units? Greg says it should make around 450rwhp and still not be too stressfull on internals and driveline.All input is appreciated.

Mach1Marauder

I'm thinking about putting a Procharger with intercooler on the Bullitt. RPMM would be doing the install.
Anyone have any experience with these units? Greg says it should make around 450rwhp and still not be too stressfull on internals and driveline.All input is appreciated.

They work great on your BULLITT.
If you like down low power and stop light fun, then a Whipple or the Edelbrock is a better choice.
Feel free to PM me with a ph# and I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.

northerncountry

thanks mach1 I was kinda on the fence on talking I havent had much to say on the pro or vortech super chargers. Just my own opinions

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I like the pro charger. I almost went pro charger but more fun to get the power N/A. The new C&L or ford racing 3vlv intakes respond well to the por chargers or paxtons. It will bring the power up too with the intake. If you are going to spend the money and you dont have a budget do the cams as well. You can gain another 50 hp on top of what you get out of the s/c depending on who tunes the car. Going to send you a pm.

tached_out

Buy the D1SC, The P1SC is a great blower but is not effecient at higher boost levels. 13psi is really idealy the max for them. I have seen people go to 15-16psi and that is making that baby spin like a banshee and I know some one who spun it to 18 and I was surprised the damn blower didnt turn bright red as hot as it got.

Great blower though I am running my P1SC and making around 600rwhp. It wasnt exactly that but sense its not my final numbers I didnt car to remember it. The nice thing with the Prochargers is that it is easy to upgrade. You can send the P1SC and turn it into the D1SC or do a direct upgrade to an F1/A.

I am hoping to have a F1/C on my car soon if this guy dirtydog doesnt sale his before I can get the money.

If you still havent pulled the trigger yet and when I move to SD this Aug I will give you a ride in my car and you can see what its like. There is no traction in 1st gear and if i punch it in 2nd gear once I hit 4500 rpms my tires lite up.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Buy the D1SC, The P1SC is a great blower but is not effecient at higher boost levels. 13psi is really idealy the max for them. I have seen people go to 15-16psi and that is making that baby spin like a banshee and I know some one who spun it to 18 and I was surprised the damn blower didnt turn bright red as hot as it got.

Great blower though I am running my P1SC and making around 600rwhp. It wasnt exactly that but sense its not my final numbers I didnt car to remember it. The nice thing with the Prochargers is that it is easy to upgrade. You can send the P1SC and turn it into the D1SC or do a direct upgrade to an F1/A.

I am hoping to have a F1/C on my car soon if this guy dirtydog doesnt sale his before I can get the money.

If you still havent pulled the trigger yet and when I move to SD this Aug I will give you a ride in my car and you can see what its like. There is no traction in 1st gear and if i punch it in 2nd gear once I hit 4500 rpms my tires lite up.

He put a Whipple in it.

BadBullitt

Old Guys Rule!

Thanks for the info, I put a Whipple on last month and I'm loving it I have the same traction issues as you and it's a whole lotta fun!