• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Started my kmember install

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
I started my tubular k member install today. Got the springs out. and the rack and pinion tied off and oll the bolts off except the main 4 that hold it on. I didnt want to it to be supported with a jack stand over night. Ill drop it out and install the tubular tomorrow. Im gonna use my stock a arms. I know Ill have to to grind a little off the back of the a arms to make them work. Ill post pics of it all tomorrow. Here the link that I used a good bit since it was my first time. LOL
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=57013080

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
the way its looking everythings taking forever. Went to put the k member in and on the drivers side ive got to drill a hole for the motor mount tab. Went to take motor mount out and gotta take header out. Got 7 of the bolts out and decided to call it quits for the night. try to post pics in a little while

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
SDC12568.JPG

SDC12570.JPG

thats the tab i gotta drill for. To the right side of the bolt
SDC12573.JPG

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
i started cutting the a arms only to find out the cutter I bought must be made for a bigger tank. Its only cuts good for like 30 seconds before it looses air. So If got to get another cutter or a bigger tank, LOL. My is only a 26 gallon tank.

02gt

I heard about what you're doing LOL, i guess its a race for the 10's between you and I....well i was gonna ask which k member is that? did you get coil overs and a arms for it????

94riogt

So you just had to drill that hole for the tab? Couldnt have just grinded down the tab? Im going to be doing a k-member swap with the motor in the car soon too. Any tips for me?

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
jack the motor up and use a tack stand on the crank pulley. I think I have a link on my post in this thread that followed doing the install. Its a good IN DETAIL video of an install.

M

Mustangcwo

The best way to install the K-member is to suspend the engine from the top using a cherry picker. That allows all the room on the bottom to maneuver.

Placing a hole in the K-member for the engine mount tab is the right way to go in my opinion.

The install is looking good. Getting all the weight out of the front end will pay huge dividends at the track. 10's are approaching!!! :rock:

I hope to see the SC chapter racers some time next summer. I'll bring my Fox GT up and make a few passes and drink a few beers on a long weekend. The notch should be in begining phases by then.